This is my entry for SewCalGal's Christmas Quilt Show 2010. There are some lovely prizes being given away. It is so much fun to hop around the blogs and look at all the beautiful things made from Christmas fabric. Christmas fabric is one of my "many" favorite kinds of fabric. I want to someday make a large Christmas quilt.
This is Snowfriends designed by Lynda Howell and published in the Nov/Dec 09 issue of Quiltmaker. I hate snow, but I love snowmen. When I saw this wall hanging I knew I had to make it.
I wish I had used a different color for the roof.
The original pattern did not use this "saying", but I wanted to use it, so I did.
I used a type of material that is off white and roughly woven for the embroideries. At the moment I can't remember what you call it. lol I'm sure you know what I mean. : ) I quilted it with plain stitch in the ditch and it hangs in the bedroom that is my sewing room. The first of December I will move it to the dining area where the fall wall hanging is now.
Now I'll have to see if I can figure out Mr Linky--this is a new thing for me. I hope you enjoy looking at all the Christmas quilts.







This is super cute, you did a fantastic job on the embroidery stitching.
ReplyDeleteYou should enter this in my sewing challenge here at Paula's Sewing challenges, for another chance of winning a little something something.
I just love embroidered quilts. I've done one myself. Yours is really special.
ReplyDeleteIt's darling and so much beautiful work! You stitching is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy Christmas quilt. I love the bright colors and variety of threads that you chose. Good luck with the contest.
ReplyDeleteAdorable!
ReplyDeleteReally love this!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is so cheerful. I love the colors and embroidery. It's fun to look at the block scenes, too.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! I was going to stitch that one, but never got to it. Now I wish I had! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWow...your quilt is just so gorgeous....the threads look so good...
ReplyDeleteAdorable! I love snowmen and the "falling from heaven" saying. Thanks for sharing it with us :-)
ReplyDeleteI love snow and snowmen. This is really cute. I am thinking that saying perfect for quilt just adds to the whimsey of quilt. Thanks Love Lois
ReplyDeleteI love the reindeer! Very pretty!
ReplyDeletethat is very cute!
ReplyDeleteKaren
http://karensquilting.com/blog/
Oh this is so cute - and so much work. Well, it certainly is a job well done!
ReplyDeleteLove this little quilt. I'll have to add it to my to do list--which is growing by the day.
ReplyDeleteOh, you'll have to visit my other blog as Christmas gets closer to see my snowmen.
soo cute, thank you for sharing your quilt
ReplyDeleteI too am a snowman lover!!! but I put mine out after Christmas and leave them out for January--you did a beautiful job on the stitchery!! Isn't fun to pull things out that you have done in the past???
ReplyDeleteHugs, Di and kitty purrs form Gracie
The snowmen are delightful.
ReplyDeleteJanet that is just soooo cute! I love snowmen, too. And I love snow...for one day out of the year - Christmas Day. It can leave after that and not come back until the next Christmas Day! LOL!
ReplyDeleteHow is Rocco? I've been thinking about him!
XOXO,
Cyndi
What an absolutely adorable Christmas quilt! Well done!!
ReplyDeleteHi Janet.
ReplyDeleteI love the combination of piecing and embroidery. Your quilt is so gorgeous. I have a love of snowmen, too, which is ridiculous in my country as Christmas day can often be 100 degrees. No place for snowmen!
I love the stitching you did. The snowmen are so cute.
ReplyDeleteIt's way to cute,snowmen always bring a smile! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely quilt! I love your stitching!
ReplyDeleteMicki
Very cute quilt Janet- Love the little stitcheries- each one has so much personality and character- Looks like you had fun creating them too.
ReplyDeleteHope you win a nice prize in the hop.
Regards,
Anna
Oh what a cute quilt - I love the back stitch blocks - love snowmen!!!
ReplyDeletevery very cute. I love the embroidery
ReplyDeleteCute patatutie quilt! My 3 yr old son is sitting on my lap having a great time finding the tree in each photo/block and finding out which blocks to not have birds. Great quilt and thank you for sharing with the quilt show! Kid approved!
ReplyDeleteGreat quilt! I love snowmen too!
ReplyDeleteJanet,
ReplyDeleteVery cute quilt. I'm so happy you shared it in the Christmas Quilt Show. I do so hope you are having fun viewing all the other quilt entries too.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Sono tutti simpatici i soggetti di questa trapunta!
ReplyDeleteGrazie
Ciao domenica
Your quilt is so adorable. Wonderful job with the embroidery.
ReplyDeleteOh, I really like the embroidered Christmas quilt......actually, with snowmen, you can use it for MONTHS past Christmas !
ReplyDeleteOsnaburg.....is that the name of that stuff? I used it in a Christmas quilt once...love the texture !