Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day


It is a gorgeous sunny day in central South Dakota.  We are getting lots of mud!  It is the price we pay for heat.  Rocco and I are loving it--too nice to be inside.

DH and I have supper plans with friends at a local spot.  We haven't been out on Valentine's Day for years, but the neighbor lady and I are threatening to go without the men.  I'm sure they will come, even if it's only for the food.  I know Valentine's Day is just another commercial holiday (quote by a grumpy DH this morning), but it will be nice to eat someone else's cooking for tonight.

There is pumpkin cranberry nut bread in the oven baking even tho the house did not need warming up.   lol

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you! 

7 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine to you too.
    Roos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day, Janet. Have fun tonight. My dh has to work late tonight, so I will be spending the night in front of the tv with some quilting or stitching. (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good one, Janet! Always nice to get out to eat. We've warmed up here some, too - snow is starting to melt but we still have plenty left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Valentine's Day. I do agree with DH about today being so commercialized but like you said any reason to eat someone else's cooking!

    Glad to hear it is warming up outside even if it does mean mud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure wished I could "smell" that quick bread baking--I bet that smelled just "yummy"!!!!
    It's funny I have never thought of Val day as commercialized --I just thought it was nice to take one day off a year and think about eating Chocolate legally!!!!! I like Val day--I like the colors and the thoughts that go with it--
    and I live alone!!! Well now Miss Gracie --I didn't mean totally alone!!!!
    Hugs, di and that miss gracie
    OH miss gracie is sending Rocco a "hug"???/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't the warmer weather marvelous? Hope you all have a great time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Valentine's Day to you too!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete