Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Just Playing


I cut into my Sunkissed layer cake.  This is block one of the Birdie stitcheries.  I have block two stitched, but need to put the border on.  I got a little distracted with my heart fabric.  I decided I'm not procrastinating about starting on my Pinwheel quilt, I'm just having too much fun with Valentine patterns.


 I made two more maxi mug mats or mini place mats.   I've just enjoyed playing with fabric while making these.   Have you seen the cute heart wall hanging made by Robyn?  I just couldn't resist a little more heart fabric play.  This is my first block completed.   I'm not sure I'll get it done before Valentine's Day, but I'll be ready for next year.


It was -25 F  last night.  The sun was shining brightly today, but it didn't create much heat.  The weatherman is promising 40 F by Saturday--he better be right.  lol  

11 comments:

  1. Looking great, Janet. Don't you just love these Birdie blocks. I am having so much fun with this BOM. Ok, I cannot complain about a high of 5* when you are getting down to -25*. Oh goodness, that is cold! I'll bet poor Rocco hates to go out and do his business. I know Buddy does when it is really cold. LOL Have a good day tomorrow and stay warm, my friend. I hope you can do your chores quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mug rugs. Aren't they fun to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing so well with your stitcheries. I did not start them.
    Also have only downloaded Robyn's hearts. Will do them When I return home after my DH's surgery in Perth.
    Keep warm.I'm sitting in front of the Air Con keeping cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm stitching on my second birdie now! They're so much fun! Love your heart block too! I'm hoping to get mine made for next year too! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first birdie block is adorable. Love the Sunkissed fabric border. Your maxi mug mats are soooo cute! How can you not smile when you look at them. Your heart block is very pretty. I hope you get that 40 degrees you are looking for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Janet, you've been keeping busy. I am so enjoying all of those birdie blocks I've been seeing on everyone's blogs...they are just too cute! And I love that Sunkissed fabric you used for your border.

    Oh my gosh, -25? Seriously?? That is beyond cold. Hope you're all staying warm and cozy!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi--it is cold here too--but I do think you have us beat!!! If you would stop making snowmen--maybe it would warm up some your way!!!lol
    love the heart things--great job!!
    Hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty, pretty Valentine Day projects - such a fun holiday. And I love the Birdie stitchery. The fabric you chose for the blocks is perfect. The 6 strands of floss really make the stitching stand out. Stay warm up there!! We are cold in Michigan, too, but not that cold. I think it's supposed to warm up some this weekend - maybe it will melt some of this snow. :-) Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mug rugs...So pretty and so perfect for Valentine Day!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your birdie block looks great. I still haven't decided on fabric for mine yet.If I'm not careful the year will be over before I decide. Adorable mug rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's no stopping you with the cute little mug rugs. Very festive.
    We've been cold this week, but not as bone-chilling as your temps! Let's hope all the weathermen (and weatherladies) are accurate with their wonderful predictions. We're ready for them.

    ReplyDelete