I got caught up on the Raggedy blocks yesterday. These are so much fun to do. There are 3 blocks left to be posted. I need to stitch around each stitchery block with straight line stitching. I'm thinking about doing scrappy sashing instead of using the black fabric Kaaren did.
You'll see another BOM button on my side line. The Gum Tree Designers have a new one--Things We Love. The first block is posted and is very cute. I'm always amazed by the talent and generosity of quilters. There are so many wonderful free quilt designs to choose from again this year.
The Moda Pillow Talk Blog Hop started today.
The weather has been cold and snowy many places today. The mail didn't make it today. The wind was blowing the snow over the roads. I was thankful to be in a warm house with no where to go. I baked date nut bread this morning to take the chill off. This afternoon I put a roast in the oven. The sun was also shining today, so that helped too. It is suppose to be -25 tonight. I keep telling myself we are on the downhill side of the winter now.
I'm praying for the people in Australia as they are anticipating the Cyclone that is headed their way.



You're making excellent use of your time and getting so much done. I don't very often take advantage of the free designs found in blogland, but I so admire those who do.
ReplyDeleteI hear blizzard winds slamming snow against our windows as I'm typing this, and thank goodness our furnace is working fine and our home is comfortable.
The extreme weather events all over the world just keep coming and coming.
Stay warm and safe on your ranch, and I hope the cyclone heading to Australia loses its punch.
Well done Janet. Your Raggedy Ann blocks look great. I am NOT looking at anything. Must finish what I have. LOL
ReplyDeleteYes it is so scary for my counrtyfolk on the other side of Aussie. The pictures we are seeing are not good.
Your Raggedy Ann blocks are wonderful! I like the scrappy look. Stay warm!!
ReplyDeleteBrrrr. -25 is way past cold.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks look great! I've always been a big fan of mixing embroidery with quilting.
You are right, there are many amazing and generous designers out there that provide us with wonderful patterns and for free.
Your blocks look really good. I love the way your designed them all!
ReplyDeleteMicki
Hi Janet, Your blocks are so cute. I want to learn how to embroidery since I've been seeing so many with piecing. Love your mug rugs, red is one of my favorite colors. Thanks for stopping by my blog momloves2quilt
ReplyDeleteI love your Raggedy blocks! Good job on those! I have been saving the blocks but not stitching yet. I am thinking that it would make a great quilt for a grandchild---or my first great-niece or nephew.
ReplyDelete