I finished the binding on the Disappearing Nine Patch table runner yesterday afternoon. This block was fun to work with. I can see making a quick baby quilt in my future projects. You might notice my photo is alittle off center. I dropped my camera on Saturday. It still works, but the screen for viewing is broken. I can no longer crop on the camera. I've been wanting a new camera, but I hadn't planned on it right now. I'm going to do some looking around at cameras tho. : )
I free motion quilted the runner with loops and hearts. It was fun and good practice for me, but when I was finished---I remembered I didn't use the Supreme Slider. I think my loops would have been smoother if I had. I didn't have any tension problems this time. Isn't it strange sometimes how you have to fiddle with the tension one time and the next time it's fine?
We are back in the deep freeze for a few days. It snowed about 5 inches of fluffy stuff yesterday. It was -2 F at 10 o'clock this morning. Most of the area schools called off school. The wind is blowing, so that makes it colder and the snow drifts harder on the roads. It's snowing lightly again this afternoon and the wind is picking up.
I'm going to finish up the 3 new mini blocks for the Annie quilt this afternoon. I already baked DH some ginger cookies after lunch. It's nice to have the oven warm up the house a little more. I'm doing laundry too. I should stay warm going back and forth to the dryer. Have a good week!



Love the tablerunner! We're to get snow and ice tonight and tomorrow. I imagine our schools will be closed for a day or two as well.
ReplyDeleteYour runner turned out beautiful. Sorry you are having such cold, snowy weather. Understand we are in for cold temps come the middle of the week. Have fun working on your annie quilt. Nola
ReplyDeleteIt is so hot here...Janet your table runner is gorgeous, wonderful quilting...
ReplyDeleteYou lost me a bit with quilting speak. :-) But it looks great to me. :-)
ReplyDeleteAs for the snow..... you are welcome to it, snow men lose their appeal after a while.
keep warm, keep safe.... most of all make sure you have extra quilts for bears :-) x x x
Love the table runner, but my favorite holiday is Valentine's Day. We're "enjoying" the deep freeze here too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet table runner to brighten up a cold and dreary day. The little quilted hearts are just right.
ReplyDeleteIt is very nice. I love the hearts in your quilting. It is so fun to quilt a small project. Don't have to manhandle all that fabric. Thanks for bringing a little warmth into our cold day!
ReplyDeleteYour table runner turned out so cute!I've got to give that disappearing 9 patch a whirl. Hoping to learn how to free motion quilt too. We're battening down the hatches here in NM - praying for snow. We'll take all the moisture the good Lord will send us.I know so many of y'all have had your fill though so just send it our way.
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy table runner. Perfect!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty table runner. I really want to try the disappearing nine patch...one of these days. Your quilted hearts are really cute. Try to stay warm!
ReplyDeleteHello Janet,
ReplyDeleteGinger cookies sound so Yum. I do like your tablerunner the colours go so well together, good on your for quilting it to match.
Stay warm and enjoy those cookies.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo
Your table runner is lovely Janet.
ReplyDeleteStay nice and warm and it is good sewing weather. I know now why you guys get so much done.
Too hot to sew here.
I love your runner!I want to try that disappearing 9 patch too.
ReplyDeleteStay warm
SheilaC
Your runner is beautiful. I love using the DNP for quick projects that look harder than they really are.
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't have tot ravel in that cold and snowy weather. I used to make bread and do laundry to help warm the house.
I really like the D9P. I have made several charity quilts with it as well as a couple of bigger quilts for us. We are watching the weather channel: so glad to be here in the south even though we have a thunderstorm coming.
ReplyDelete