Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Special Win



I won a special handmade bear from Michele of Soggibottom blog.  She had a give away for her birthday (Dec. 7th) and the cottage's 342nd birthday.  She lives in Devon, England.  Her blog is so cute with the bears she makes, her furry friends Amie Soto Blossom, Frank and Mew and the lovely Devon country side.  My birthday is December 6th, so we are almost birthday twins.  lol   Thank you, Michele for the amazing "one of a kind" creation from Soggibottom.  He is most wonderfully made.  I knew I had to find a special place for him.



I put him by my Mom's memory picture.   She loved bears and collected many of them. She also had ceramic bears.  As she got older she started giving away her bears to her grandchildren.  When she passed away my siblings and I divided up the remaining bears amongst our families and her special friends.   Whenever I see a bear I think of Mom.  She would have loved this sweet little bear, who traveled here all the way from England. 

What fun friends I have made in blogland, not only quilters, but other creative people and people with furry loved ones.  "Birthday" bear will always have a special place at my house and in my heart. 



I just had to share the cute little card that came with "Birthday" bear.  It is a sweet 2 1/2" x 4 1/2".  So bright and Christmasy with its matching mini envelope.  Thanks again, Michele!!

I am off to piece a Raggedy Ann block.  I'll hopefully post it and blizzard pictures later on.  Stay warm!

6 comments:

  1. Its such fun when someone I know wins something I admired! OK, something I wanted to win!! I'm glad you won, and he is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree--He is adorable. He brought back a special memory of your mom! Aren't moments like that great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi bear, I see you. trying to worm your way in.
    Good to see you made it. I know you'll be very happy. I'm pleased you found such a caring home. You were obviously meant for just that spot.
    Be good :-) x x x
    Thank you Janet for giving the bear a home :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is kinda "funny"--I just visited Michelle at her site just before I got to your site--love her pup and those kitties!!!
    and you better make sure to teach that bear to stay inside--cause if she gets outside someone just might "snatch" her!!!!!!!!!!lol
    Happy new year--hugs, di and miss gracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is indeed a special win. How wonderful. Congratulations Janet. I'm going to look at her bears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful Bear Janet.He looks lovely sitting next to MUM. I will go look at the blog.

    I am keep cool, LOL, it is 43 deg celsius today.
    Love you cool photos.

    ReplyDelete