It was a pinning day. The pinwheel quilt is finally a sandwich. I've been procrastinating, because I'm not sure how I'm going to FMQ it. I cleaned off the dining room table, put a audio book in the disc player and pinned away--only bleeding twice. It feels great to have it done to this point.
I've been wanting to try the disappearing nine patch block. I want a February table runner for the library table in the living room. I used some charm squares to make the nine patches--easy. So I had a table runner to pin today too. This was a fun and easy project. I made 3 nine patch blocks. After cutting the blocks in half, I only used 10 of the smaller blocks to make it the right size for my table.
With the extra two blocks, I'm making some mug rugs. There have been a lot of cute rugs in blog land. I'd hate to miss out on the fun of making a couple. I had a panel with some cute Valentines. I added an extra strip to the small block to make it large enough to match the Valentine. I did some free motion quilting and some straight lines. I just have binding left, but I couldn't wait to show you. : )
I had a nice outing last Friday. Of course, I had to do more than "look" at The Quilters Corner. Charm squares were 25% off. I was pleased to add some Bliss and Happy charms to my stash. I picked up some valentine fat quarters too. I needed a little fabric "fix" for my January slump. *wink*
I was glad I could attend nephew Kyle's high school play. Kyle was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 3. He is a healthy 16 year old now. It is a contest play and they will perform it for competition on Wednesday.
This week has a promise of warmer weather--20's at least. I won't be sorry to see January end.



Good looking quilt. I too pinned one today to quilt tomorrow. Wonderful that your nephew is doing so well. I love those stories. Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy....your pinwheel quilt is stunning.
ReplyDeleteI just love reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your farm life. Its a world so different from the one I live in, but isn't it fun that we have a love of quilting that unites both our lives. That coyote looks like a mean fella. Your mug rugs are cute as they can be.
ReplyDeleteYour pinwheel quilt is looking great and I love your mug rugs. So glad to hear your nephew is doing so well. Nola.
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy getting your projects ready.
ReplyDeleteHave fun quilting you Janet.
Oh you Valentine is so cute.
Your Valentine table runner is so cute! And good for you getting your pinwheel quilt pinned! :0)
ReplyDeleteI love your mug rug. They are so fun I think I will make one for each month of the year. Super cute runner too, they will brighten the place up during the cold winter months. Good job getting the pinwheels basted, never a fun job!
ReplyDeleteYou have been busy--I am anxious to see your pinwheel quilt when you are finished with it. It has been fun watching your progress. I think I am going to investigate the mug rugs. Enjoy the warm weather!!!
ReplyDeleteYour mug rug is very cute. I still haven't made one but I think it is on the agenda for next month.
ReplyDeleteI am with "Gari"--I think mug rugs are on my agenda for Feb!!!! I have been really busy trying to finish some ufo's for this month and to hand quilt a large quilt--soooo!!!
ReplyDeleteI love those Valentine squares in your mug rugs--soooo pretty and bright and I love the table runner--and your quilt--once the big 30's quilt is finished (by end of week is my goal!!) my next one to hand quilt for Feb is also large and I am really dreading basting it!!!! but someone has to do it--hay---miss gracie are you going to be busy next week?????
Hugs,di and that miss gracie
Hello Janet,
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your pinwheel quilt. It looks lovely. Love your runner and mug mats. Good luck with it all.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo
I love your projects! What a cute runner!
ReplyDeleteMicki