I finished my mug rugs. They are a little bigger than some I've seen in blogland. They are more like mini placemats. It was fun to make something and finish it so quickly. They look really bright and cute on the table.
Today was day 3 of a nice January thaw. The warmest day was today--almost 40 F. Rocco and I spent sometime outside each day. Nice to be able to enjoy the sunshine and not be so bundled up. I don't trust him outside on his own now. It's good for me to get out too.
The cats enjoyed the sun on the deck.
There were some wrestling matches to watch.
It was really melting by afternoon. Rocco enjoyed his outing, but got pretty muddy. It was a good day for a bath too. The deep freeze will be back starting tomorrow for the next five days. We enjoyed it while it was here.
Yesterday I made a quick trip to Miller for groceries and feed. This afternoon I free motion quilted the table runner. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the binding on. You won''t see it until it's done. : )




I know it seems warm to you; but, for me it still looks cold. It does look pretty and all the buddies look happy. Love your mug rugs.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous mats and nice to see the animals frolicking about!
ReplyDeleteHugs - Lurline♥
Your mug rugs are great and lovely and cheery at this time of year.
ReplyDeleteYour Mug rugs look lovely.
ReplyDeleteNice to see Rocco enjoying his time outside. Your family of kittens have grown. Hope you don't get too many babies this year.
Great mug rugs, Janet. So bright and cheery looking.
ReplyDeleteRocco doesn't seem to mind the mud. LOL
Your mug rugs are adorable and just perfect for February! The cats look like they were enjoying soaking up all of the sun. Stay warm in your deep freeze.
ReplyDeleteDon't you love those few days when there is a January thaw. It gives me hope that spring is not too far away. Love your mug rugs! How fun to have them for February. Nola.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet, I just discovered your blog. I now live in Rapid City but grew up on a ranch north of Wall, SD. We have had a couple really nice days haven't we! I just started blogging a few months ago and am enjoying checking out all that is out there. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteJodi
I thought of you today. It was 75 here and we (dogs, cats, and me) spent all afternoon sitting in the sun, reading. I just couldn't make myself even go inside to sew. Tomorrow I have to do better.
ReplyDeleteYour mug rugs are perfect for this time of the year. I haven't tried any of them yet. All that I see are adorable.
ReplyDeleteThose "warm" days give us and the animals a chance to catch our collective breaths and get ready for the next round of winter. (Is it April yet?)