February Hearts is completed and it's still February. The snowmen wall hanging is coming down and the hearts will hang for a while. I really like how the embroidery added to the blocks and border. I'm still working on getting the blue marker out. It keeps coming back after it dries.. I'll keep dabbing at it. lol
This is the back--to show the quilting and hanger. I really got a nice "do" on the mitered corners this time. I took my time and marked my corners 3/8" inch back. It seemed to work better to give myself more space than 1/4 " like I usually do. I read that somewhere and if I could remember I would totally thank them and give them credit for it.
Just straight line quilting, since the fabric is busy and the embroidery adds extra interest. I like how it turned out. I used a piece of left over poly batting, so it's puffier than some of my wall hangings. I'm still liking it.
I remembered this little tip from "somewhere" (sorry and thank you). I used a 3" square folded in half and a permanent marker to make a quick and easy little label. I never label my wall hangings, but I liked this quick tip. I will probably label more in the future. I just put February Hearts, my name and 02/2011 on it. I had a lot of fun making this and my thanks to Robyn for having this quilt along on her blog.
Even the pets are getting cabin fever! Doesn't Puss look grumpy. She very seldom ventures outside, but I think she could use a breath of fresh air. She is our prima donna. It was hard for her to give up her only child status. She was not happy to have a dog in "her house", but then he had a "cat child". It has been a slow adjustment for her. Her favorite spot is DH's lap and when Rocco claims it--not a happy cat. She will lower her standards and claim my lap part of the time. The rest of the time she leaves the room and goes under our bed. Lucky for Rocco he prefers my lap most of the time. Peanut is happy to cuddle in her cat bed on the window seat or on the bed in Jen's old room. They seem to have their own pecking order and no casualties so far.
I'm going to do some rearranging, so I can begin the "big quilting project" next. Wish me luck! Have a great week.





Janet your quilt is just so lovely...great choice of fabrics and the stitching is a lovely touch...
ReplyDeleteVery pretty wall hanging! I love the embroidery...gives it just the right touch. (I've had that happen too with the marker on some of my embroidery but eventually got it out.) And I like the binding fabric. So cute.
ReplyDeleteJanet ... that is "sew" lovely! I agree that the embroidery adds just the right touch. Beautiful work!
ReplyDelete:) Pat
Oh how pretty--you have really done a beautiful job on that quilt--
ReplyDeleteand yep it's on to the next project--I would "faint" if I reached a day when I had to go looking for a new project!!!!!
that really is a cute picture of kitty!!!
Hugs, Di and miss gracie--
just one more day to calf day!!!
Janet, your wall hanging is beautiful. Great job. I would hang it for the month of March too. You are right. Miss Puss does look grumpy. LOL My Callie was in quite a mood this morning. She refused to let Buddy eat. Every time he would get near his food bowl, she would hiss and swat him. I had to physically remove her so that he could eat. Then she was mad at me too. LOL I think she is ready for spring too. Have a good one. Winona
ReplyDeleteYour hearts look gorgeous Janet. Will look great on your wall for next Valentine's Day.
ReplyDeletePoor Puss!! I bet that is how yu all you feel.
Your heart quilt is so pretty! The embroidery is beautiful. Good work! Gosh your header picture looks so cold. I hope your skies are sunny soon!
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful hanging.
ReplyDeleteHello Janet,
ReplyDeleteYour hearts wall hanging is so pretty, love the embroidery you added, you really made it your own with this.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo
Beautiful wallhanging...and the stitchery really adds a sparkle to it!
ReplyDeleteI do my quilt labels in the same way and it makes it so easy that there is no reason to not make a quick label :) Congrats on the finish!
What an adorable quilt, Janet!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting me and leaving a comment so that I can visit you back! :)
I love your little heart quilt. Adorable! What a great idea for the label. Sometimes the simplest ideas are the best.
ReplyDelete