This giveaway is CLOSED. : )
Does this look like Spring to you? The temperature isn't Spring-like either. I'm certainly thankful that we let "the boys" out 10 days later than we usually do. The girls are still holding on to those babies in this cold weather. We are anxiously waiting for the first one to come. I can't imagine trying to keep everyone warm and dry, although we have done it other years.
I think the cows are even tired of the cold and snow. They are wondering when is it ever going to get nice. They walk slower and slower as they head for water. The snow is really coming down today. We are suppose to get 3-6 inches.
The Rhino got fixed and had maintenance last week, so it's ready to start the busy work ahead. It is also sporting a new top and DH ordered a windshield too. The top and windshield will be very nice for those April rains we hope to get. The GMC Yukon we use for the calving vehicle broke down last week and is in the shop. I'm praying for a quick repair job for it this week.
As the title states I'm having a blog birthday or blogiversary today. One year ago today I jumped into blogging with no skills. I've learned many things, met many people and had a lot of blog fun this year. It's fun to look back at the pictures and see what the weather was and what I was working on. I want to thank everyone for the "blog encouragement" on my boring post. Sometimes my life seems pretty boring, but I know I enjoy every post I read of other bloggers. It is fun to travel to other states and countries. Thanks so much to all of you for being my friends. I can't believe I have over a 150 followers. I really appreciate all my regular commentors.
My first prize is a 1 year subscription to McCall's Quick Quilts. If you would like to win, please leave a comment today. The winner will be drawn tomorrow. This will only be for friends in the USA. Some of my other prizes will be for everyone.
I'm off to start lunch and continue doing laundry.




Congrats on one year! I have enjoyed all of your posts and look forward to many more.
ReplyDeleteCongratultions with you first year,I hope that there will be more to follow.
ReplyDeleteAnd spring..isn't that flowers, sun, birds singing and that kind of stuff??
Roos
Congrats on your Blogoversary! I've enjoyed getting to know you this year. I'll be celebrating mine in April, 6 years of blogging and I've really enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your anniversary. Mine is coming up in April.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the giveaway chance. It looks like a good place to find ideas for beginners, like my daughter.
Congratulations on your one year blogaversary! Many many more, and they are fun to look back over.
ReplyDeleteHey Janet! We aren't having very "Spring-like" weather here, either. I can't wait for it to warm up and stay warm for a while! I'm over the snow!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your Blogoversary! Doesn't the time go by quickly? And I don't find your posts at all boring...I really enjoy reading about what you've been up to, and life on the ranch. That's what makes it so fun...everyone has a different life but we all have so many things in common. I'm looking forward to your next year! :o)
XOXO,
Cyndi
It's sure not looking much like spring here in Pennsylvania either, but just think of it as more quilting time!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 1 year blog anniversary! Wishing you many more! I do so enjoy reading about your projects and such!
Happy anniversary. It is so fun to see what people are up to all over the world. Your boring and normal day seems quite fascinating to those of us having our version of normal. I sure hope those babies hold out for a few more days. It doesn't seem quite like spring yet.
ReplyDeleteHappy BA! We did get a cold front in TX last night....it was about 50 this morning....warm to you....grin.
ReplyDeleteLunch and Laundry, sounds like my house.
ReplyDeleteWe had snow on Saturday but nothing left but a few spots here and there.
Spring will come, won't it????
Hugs,
Gerry
Hope it warms up soon! Happy Blog anniversary! Glad you entered the blogging world! I love quilting magazines and don't subscribe to this one. Thanks for the generous giveaway!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your anniversary! I enjoy stopping in to visit with you even if it means from PA to SD while having a cup of tea! Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your one year blogiversary!! Your life is far from boring - I love reading about all you do. However, you have had enough of the cold! I think it's time for you to thaw out!!
ReplyDeleteOh my! When spring DOES arrive in your corner of the world, it'll be lovely! Hoping it's sooner than later! I probably shouldn't mention that it's 85° here today. However, when it's 110° this summer, I'm thinking you'll be thankful for your weather! Happy Blogiversary! I love meeting new blog buddies from all over and even though we are in similar lines of work, I love hearing about the daily happenings on your place. Praying you'll soon thaw out and that those babies will soon make their way into the world...a warm one, I hope.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet,
ReplyDeleteLove reading the adventures of farming in South Dakota. Thank goodness that we are on the end of winter. Congratulations on your anniversary.
Happy Blogiversary. Glad I'm not in your neck of the woods. I've gotten to where I don't like the cold weather that much any more. Makes my back and knees hurt so much. I'm sure you'll think back fondly on this colder weather once your hot weather hits though!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your blogaversary Janet! I enjoy reading your 'boring' posts. It's fun to read about ranch life.
ReplyDeletePoor cows. They don't look like happy cows at all. Congratulations on your Blogiversary. Twould love the magazine sub.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you joined the world of blogging! I enjoy reading and "chatting" with you. I would love the subscription. Today it was 5 deg. when I drove to school. It has reached 34 deg. right now. Maybe Spring is coming.
ReplyDeleteWe're having cold temps but thankfully no snow! Bring on spring! And congratulations on your one year blogiversary! :0)
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog anniversary--
ReplyDeletethis is fun isn't it???
and oh the friendship we make in the blog world--
I hope you have many more blog anniversaries to share with us!!!
Hugs, Di and miss gracie
I enjoy reading what you are up to
ReplyDeleteNot boring at all
Congratulations on you anniversary
I cant enter your giveaway from down here in Aussie land
Well you know I am a fan...if you get tired of all that snow, just come on to South Carolina. I have a guest room and you are welcome to it.
ReplyDeleteCould be Spring :-)
ReplyDeleteNot quite our Spring though.
It has been rain free and unbelievably dry... even here in the South West of England. NO RAIN.... all going to change on Wednesday..
So sorry for your herd. Want to knit them all something to keep them warm.. They would chew it :-)
Make them ill !
Janet... keep smileing, English bears aren't cut out for really cold weather. But they are very patient. When the good weather arrives, it will be worth waiting for :-)xxx
Happy anniversary it look very cold there. It is starting to come int to winter herebut it dose not snow here. Great giveaway.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the Blog Anniversary/Birthday. (We are celebrating my husband's birthday today, too!) I hope your girls hold on to their babies until it gets a little warmer - I sure wouldn't have wanted to have babies in the snow - ick! Thanks for the chance at this wonderful giveaway.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you get spring soon!!!
Happy blog birthday! I LOVE Quick Quilts. Thanks for the opportunity to win!=)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the blog anniversary. Calving is wrapping up on our family farm. It's the opposite here - Florida gets so hot that the winter into spring is a better time for calves than during the summer heat. Thanks for the giveaway.mlwright29(at)hotmail(dot)com
ReplyDeleteAnd didn't the year fly by? Oh, by the way, it only got up to 77 here today (sorry). We are having rain this week but today it was just cloudy and a little cooler. Hope Spring makes it's way up where you are, soon.
ReplyDeleteHeartiest congratulations on this first anniversary, Janet.
ReplyDeleteI grew up with black Angus cattle in out feedlot, so when I spotted cattle photos among your stitching and quilt pictures, well, I just had to start following along.
This year of story telling and comment exchanging has been great fun. I'm looking forward to many more years ahead of the same.
PS--that magazine subscription would be a treat!
Happy Anniversary...hoping for some warm weather for us all! Love the magazine giveaway... what a great idea~! Thanks for the chance.
ReplyDeleteHappy blog anniversary to you, Janet. I am so glad that I found your blog. I enjoy everything you post. I always love posts with the cats or Rocco and even the cows. You know I love quilting posts, so I find you blog very interesting. I hope your second year is as much fun as the first. Have a good day, my friend.
ReplyDeleteI'm not eligible for the draw, but wanted to say Happy Blogiversary. Your life is so different from mine that I never find your posts boring.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your 1st Blogiverary Janet.
ReplyDeleteI always love to read your posts. Was delighted to have been your partner in a swap and also a winner in a giveaway.
Hope you continue blogging for a longgggggg time.
Good luck to the ladies in the USA. from this Aussie.
Happy Blog Anniversary! I enjoy reading your blog very much, Janet. Your posts are never boring. They are an window on life in another part of our country. Since it is snowing there and cold here, mine is a closed storm window today, but I am hoping it will soon be warm enough to open up and let the spring air in. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh ... and my subscription to Quick Quilts just ran out ... so "fingers crossed here" ... you are so generous.
I need to try one of these giveaway things soon. I recently found that I had somehow acquired a second copy of a thick quilting pattern book ... hmmmm ... that might be a good place to start gifting ... :)Pat
Have enjoyed looking in on you this past year, Janet, and Happy Blog Anniversary! Love reading about your life on the farm and looking at the pretty pictures you take. Wishing you many more happy blogging years! Carol
ReplyDelete