Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Boring Post


Yesterday it thundered, rained, sleeted and last night it snowed 4 inches.   It is the usual mixed up March weather.  I'm showing you pictures I took last week-end.   Here is the slew that is just south of our house.  It is very full right now. 


Rocco and I enjoyed a couple walks last week.  He can't wait for the nice days to stay, so we can walk every day.  He runs ahead so he has time to smell everything while I catch up.  Most of the time we have 5-10 cats following along too.  This morning we snuck off while they were eating breakfast.  We both need to get our walking time built up--too much winter sitting.  Rocco has gained a little weight.  I've stayed the same, but that still means I need to lose. 










 


The cows are still holding back on calving--as they should. We really shouldn't start until 4/1. I hope they hold them in until the heat comes back. DH cleaned and bedded the calving barn today. The Rhino is still at the dealer for fixing. DH is hoping it will be done by the end of the week.


I baked pumpkin bread and cooked roast beef for supper to take the chill off the house. It seemed extra damp and cold today. I'm still working on the redwork blocks. I need to get in my sewing space and do some organizing. 

Sorry for such a boring post!  lol






13 comments:

  1. Not boring at all, Janet. It's a typical day for you at this time of the year. I think it's interesting reading about others' lives all around the country and in other parts of the world. We lead such different lives and our homes and home life are so different, but we'd united by our love of quilting and stitching. That's not boring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and boring are NOT the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah life in the change of seasons- Here in Alberta the calendar says it is spring but it is still snowing- We are getting pretty tired of seeing stuff falling from the sky and are longing for prairie sunshine.
    Wishing you calm spring days - but windy enough to help dry up the puddles.
    Enjoy your walks,
    Regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading about your life and how different it is to here. So for me it is not boring at all.

    I also need to get back into walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just curious, are the Raggedy Annie redwork pieces from the Raggedy & Friends BOM?

    Mmmm, pumpkin bread!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like reading what you and little Rocco are up to on your farm. Here in tassie it has been raining for 2 days and they say we still have 2 more days of rain. So I have been inside sowing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Farm life is always interesting to read about to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your post was far from boring. I love reading about your life on the farm! Pumpkin bread and pot roast - mmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope, not boring! I love the cows. It would be so fun to see the calves being born. Wish I could have come by for some tea and pumpkin bread. Yummy!
    Sending warm and sunny skys your way. :)
    xx, shell

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is boring to you is not for me. It's nice window into life in your neck of the woods. It has been a very cold week here too. I'm waiting for some sun and a bit warmer weather. But it is nice to look out my window and see grass instead of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh, Janet, your weather yesterday sounds exactly like here! I hope the calves wait to arrive when the warmer weather comes. Don't need them freezing to death! Good for you to start your walking. I need to do that too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does look dreary and bleak up there. I admire you for getting out and about in all the mud. I'm sure it will brighten up and turn into spring soon enough. April is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your post is not boring at all! It's just life. Sometimes boring is a blessing :) My husband and I farm in Ohio and boring is great! Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete