The Pinwheel Sampler Quilt is complete! It is the largest quilt I have completed. Thank you to Rachel at PS I Quilt for having the quilt along. I had alot of fun making the blocks each week. It took me awhile to get them together, border them and free motion quilt. Puss is wondering what DH and Michelle are doing. We took the photo here, because the light was the best. Sorry for the mess, but we are a family of pet lovers and snugglers. There are lots of bones, toys, pillows and blankets all over the living room most of the time.
I used off white, pink and brown thread to quilt loop de loops in the blocks and borders on my Bernina. The thread is from Connecting Threads. I didn't have any trouble with tension or thread breaking. The only time I had skipped stitches was when I went too fast on the loops. Slow is better with the Bernina.
I took my time quilting because of some arm pain I've been having. I really think I do a better job with more breaks tho. If I do too much at once I get in a hurry and don't do as well. Quilting an hour at a time was a good pace.
I love the backing fabric. I'm very pleased with the finished product. I'm doing a little happy dance. lol
Michelle was home for a couple days on her Spring Break. She spent a lot of time doing home work, but we enjoyed having her presence in the house. Why is it that food is a mother's way of showing love? We had fried chicken, homemade buns, yellow cupcakes with fudge frosting and creamy chicken and wild rice soup. I sent soup, buns and cupcakes home with her. She is looking forward to graduation May 7th. She just finished up a rotation in ICU. She will make a very caring, competent nurse, I think.
We enjoyed watching the local girls BB team play at the State Tournament. They achieved a 3rd place finish. There were some really close games--exciting. SD PBS broadcasted the games and we were able to watch on the internet. DH's great niece also played on a AA team that finished 7th. The AA games were on the PBS tv channel we get. It brought back good memories of our girls and their teams.
The weather is going to be warm this week here. I'm feeling pretty ashamed of myself for whining the winter away. So many people in Japan, New Zealand and Australia have suffered so much from Mother Nature. I need to count my blessings more. I pray for all these hurting people.
I mentioned a book give away, so come back--that will be the next post. Thank you for all your encouragement for my quilting and concern about my arm. It is feeling some better.




Thats lovely Janet, great job!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is absolutely beautiful, Janet!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt looks fantastic, Janet. Great job on the quilting.
ReplyDeleteYour quilt looks wonderful!
ReplyDeleteYou should be proud of your quilting. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with your visiting children + mother + food observation. Same in our house. But it's changed a bit lately. The daughters have been picking interesting recipes and trying new things for all of us to enjoy. Definitely a change from "Mom is cooking." And they clean up the kitchen when they're done!
Lovely quilt!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt looks great! Congratulations on a beautiful finish! :0)
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job on your quilt. It is lovely! Nola
ReplyDeleteJanet,
ReplyDeleteHope that your arm is feeling much better- Your quilt is lovely- I think the fabrics are very pretty.
I like your new header- it shows that spring is just around the corner. We had a lovely day today here in Alberta and you could see the snow piles starting to melt. Perhaps spring will soon arrive here too.
I am also feeling bad about complaining about snow( even though I am sure tired of it) when the people in Japan and Christchurch have such terrible things to try and deal with right now.
Regards,
Anna
Janet I'm so happy to hear your arm is feeling better ... even more so when you rest it a bit ;). You've done wonderfully on your pinwheel sampler quilt! Great job finishing it!! Your colors are gorgeous! I'm also glad that you were able to have your daughter home. I'm sure she appreciates all the 'mom love' in her tummy ;) Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is just gorgeous and you did a lovely job of the quilting.
ReplyDeleteSounds like there is lots of Yummy food at your place.
Not long now to Michelle's graduation.
Hello Janet,
ReplyDeleteLove your quilt,isn't it great when you find the perfect backing. Congratulaltions to your daughter I am sure she will love her new vocation.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo
You quilt looks wonderful.Your daughter comes home for spring break my son leaves, of course he commutes to college and has a girlfriend going to school down south.
ReplyDeleteJanet,
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt. Congrats on the finish.
Thanks for visiting me and commenting so that I can visit you back. :)
How did I miss this when you posted it? I had to come find it when you mentioned it in a comment. Simply lovely! I hope you're enjoying it!
ReplyDelete