Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Camera is Kapoot!

This give away is closed.

I grabbed my camera this morning to take a picture and no "action".  Ahhhh---must be the batteries.  Quick change!  Still no functioning.  I plug it into my computer and see if the software comes up. Yes! Ok,  I just used it yesterday to take and download those pictures for the blog.  Now the camera turns on, but does not take pictures.  Some of you may remember I dropped it and the viewing screen no longer worked, but at least I could still take pictures and download them.  I guess I need a new camera.  I've been looking at them, but not seriously.  I'll be looking seriously now.

Thank you "everyone" for the well wishes and praise.  I'm looking forward to another year of blogging fun.

The winner of yesterday's give away is---TA--DAAAA 

Number 23 

Teresa said...

Well you know I am a fan...if you get tired of all that snow, just come on to South Carolina. I have a guest room and you are welcome to it.

I used the Random Number Generator, but some of you may think that the guest room was a little "extra incentive" to choose Teresa.  I wish I could do that, but DH says he will come and track me down if I leave during calving season. 

We got a couple more inches of snow last night.  It was a least 28 F this morning, so not quite so cold.  DH keeps checking the weather channel and looking for those 50 degree temperatures they keep promising us.  The poor geese and ducks are flying around in circles wondering what the heck happened to spring.

Today's "one day" is Word Play Quilts by Tonya Ricucci.  I don't have a picture for you, but you can check out the book on this Amazon link.  I accidently ordered two when I ordered mine from Connecting Threads.  When I got it in the mail, I knew it would be just right for this give away.  I  haven't tried doing letters like this, but there are some reallly cute ideas for quilts that people have done.  My So Scrappy Friend is such an inspiration to me.  This post shows some of the  "talking quilts" she has made.  She gets so much done!  I love her blog and if you haven't check it out--you need to.  I love the idea of creating a totally unique quilt.

This give away is open to everyone who would like to win this book.  I'll choose a winner tomorrow.  Just leave me a comment.  I'll be looking for a new camera, so if you have a recommendation let me know.



16 comments:

  1. Oh, I've seen some of her quilts - so fun! I'd love to have a copy of the book! I enjoy your blog. Congrats on your blogging milestone!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like we might get 50 on Thurs! I'm so looking forward to warmer weather. I'd recommend the little Canon powershots. They are easy to operate and small enough to carry in a purse or pocket. I've had 2 and love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a chance to win the book. I have seen quilts created by others using this book and it looks like a lot of fun.
    My daughter received a Nikon Coolpix for Christmas and absolutley loves it. Takes create pictures and super nice close-ups.
    Hope the snow is through and that you start warming up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Janet. I just rec'd my second 'second-hand' Kodak camera from my sister. All I know is that it is better than the first one, sorry. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Janet thanks for the chance to win this book, I have an Olympus SP-55 which is easy to use, I have had it about 3 years now so not sure if you can still buy it....they bring new ones out all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Teresa - hope she enjoys her gift! And I'm in the same boat with you, Janet. Looking for a new camera...mine has been dropped so many times it amazes me that it even still takes photos. But I keep getting all types of crazy stuff on my view screen and every time I take a photo it sends me a message that my "card can't be read"! I know absolutely nothing about cameras, so I can't give a recommendation....don't have any idea what type I'm going to get, either! Good luck, my friend.

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Canon powershot and it is ok for general use, but have to add lenses for far away shots so my advise would be a camera with a wide range for close ups (quilts)& far away scenic type photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just recently purchased a Nikon dslr and still learning the ropes. hope you find what you want the have some really nice point and shoot camera out there. The Word Play book looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary!

    Too bad about the camera. I know I had to replace mine not all the long ago because the turn on switch finally died. I was told it was just a little bladder thing in there so I guess it eventually gave out???

    ReplyDelete
  10. We go 8 more inches here in Nebraska too. Spring must be around the corner, isn't it, pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen that book all over blogland. The projects look like great fun. Thanks for the chance at the giveaway.

    Not along ago we got a Canon Powershot SD 1300 IS. (about $180 on Amazon, 5 or 6 different colors, if that's important to you). It's simple to use with enough options for day-to-day photos, has 12.1 megapixels, a VERY large LED screen in the back for these senior eyes, a rechargeable battery pack, and I like it--except it's so slim that I have to keep the strap around my wrist or I'll drop it.
    We used to have a Kodak camera, but the last time we went to a wedding, 3 out of 4 relatives were using a Canon camera to take their own photos. That was enough recommendation for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck with your camera hunting. I think they are like sewing machines, personal choice.

    I am going over to check out the link now as I have not seen the blog.

    Oh would love to have that beautiful book.

    Thank you for the chance to win it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be interested to see what is recommended for your camera ... mine too is kaput. I've been using my phone for quick shots, but not the same. Thank you for the opportunity for the book, Janet!! Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry about your camera. It's a real pain when things just stop working like that. Hope you find one you like soon.

    I keep seeing quilts from this book around blogland, and would love to win the book. Thanks for the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the subscription - I am going to enjoy checking out all the patterns and remembering how nice you were to give t to me.

    ReplyDelete