Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Slow But Sure


There is not much going on here.  I'm still working on free motion quilting the pinwheel quilt.  I'm doing loops.  I decided this quilt isn't for a quilt show and the quilt police aren't going to arrest me, so just "getter done".  I just need to enjoy the process and the practice.  I'm using off white thread, although I think I'll use pink in the pink border and brown in the outer border.

I'm taking my time, because of my arm.  I don't want to over do.  I really think all the pain I had over the week-end was from this storm that we are having now.  It has snowed about 4 inches so far and the wind is suppose to come up tonight.  I decided I just can't post another snow picture today.  It has steadily been coming down since after lunch. 

I read a couple books over the week-end.  How about a book giveaway next time?  

11 comments:

  1. I've been working a quilting a quilt in between things for a couple of weeks now. Think I will try to get in a couple of hours today. What's wrong with your arm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your arm is bothering you Janet. You probably need to not quilt for very long stretches, huh? Your pinwheel quilt is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope spring finds it's way to you sooner rather than later. We have two daffodils blooming and I'm ready! Also hope your arm steadily improves. My left one has been ramping up and no doubt needs surgery but I'm not a good candidate for that at this stage of lung disease.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That quilt is pretty! I admire your tenacity to 'getter done' and do hope your arm feels better soon. Sorry for the storm. Here's wishing you some sunshine. Happy Tuesday! :o)

    PS...Love books and love giveaways! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt looks wonderful. I'm sorry about your arm, and hope it's recovering now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes don't overdo the quilting and cause your arm to be too sore.
    I have just finished quilting my sister's quilt. Thank goodness.
    Sounds like you are having great reading weather.
    I love your snow photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a fun quilt to practice quilting on.

    Hopefully spring isn't too far away. This seems to have been an awfully long, snowy winter. Enough is enough.

    Take it easy with that arm. Hopefully resting it will work its magic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take it easy with that arm. No sense making it any worse.

    I agree with how you are quilting your quilt. Better done than perfect is the mantra I keep hearing across the web. I don't make quilts to be judged or in shows. I make them for people to snuggle up in and love. Those people really don't care or probably even notice if my quilting is a bit off or I crossed a line or even 20 lines of quilting.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like an amazing quilt! Winter is not letting up here...No snow, but cold and rainy!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete