Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Book giveaway


I won the book "Whiter Than Snow"  by Sandra Dallas from Sharon's giveaway on her blog.   Thank you Sharon!!  It was a very nice summer read.  It's the kind of book you wish were longer, because you enjoy the characters so much.  If you would like to read the book, please leave a comment.  I will draw a name on Monday, August 2nd and send you the book to read. 

I can't believe how fast last week went! It rained on Friday night, so we spent Saturday and Sunday at the river.  Michelle had the week-end off.  The weather was beautiful too--strange for a week-end.  The fishing was a fizzle, but I read my book and relaxed.

This photo shows the only sewing I did last week.  We sold our pontoon and bought a different boat.  The front canopy on the boat needed to be repaired and reinforced.  I used my older Bernina machine.  It took almost a whole spool of thread by the time I was done. 

DH parked the boat by the deck for easier loading and unloading.  The kittens think we bought them a new jungle gym.


We have been making hay--more big bales for winter feeding.  Today the combiners are coming to try harvesting our oats field.  We hope it is dry enough to get it done as rain is predicted for later in the week.

I picked my first zucchini.  The little bit of garden I got planted is really growing.  Hopefully the season will be long enough to produce ripe tomatoes.  The plants sure look nice right now.

I have been traveling a lot for parts lately.  I really enjoyed the parts run yesterday, because DH didn't need me to come home immediately.  Michelle had the day off.  We met for lunch at a wonderful Mexican restaurant--not a favorite food of DH, so it was a treat.  We then went to the mall for pedicures.  I haven't had one for over a year.  What a luxury!  I had a gift certificate from my little brother and his wife to use.  I love the massage part of the pedi.  The technician even painted little flowers on my big toes.  Now I can wear my sandals with pride.  lol

We shopped for a dress for Michelle.  She has a wedding to attend on Friday night.  We also bought a baby gift together for a shower later in August.  It was so nice to spend time with her.  School will start the end of August, so she will be super busy with work and studies.

Leave a comment to enter the book drawing.  Hugs..............


14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book, I would love to read it. Your parts run sounds like fun or at least the shopping/pedi part does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are recommending the book, it must be good. I would love to read it and pass it on to someone else.
    That kind of parts run is the best, when you can actually take time for yourself. Sounds like you and Michelle had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to have a fun day shopping and relaxing. And love the picture of the kittie exploring your new boat. He could be a deckhand for you. You don't need to enter me for the book drawing, but I wanted to drop by and say hi to you. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to win that book on several blogs. Maybe 3rd time is the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard good things about that book, so please enter me. Glad you had a good time on the parts run. That pedi sounds wonderful. Are you going to show us your gorgeous toes? (grin) Winona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just now reading my first Sandra Dallas book...The Persian Pickle Club. It's a light read, but good. I think I'd enjoy more of her books. Thanks for hosting a giveaway! Happy Wednesday! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read "good books" and this one sounds like a "winner" so maybe----
    glad you and Michelle had a fun day---
    How is Peanut doing with her babies--seen any of them since she hid them???
    Like that new boat too--tell DH--way to go!!!!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Mundane" sewing, as I call it, might not be as much fun as quilting, but it does keep life in order. I have a backpack to mend and a bag to build for a CampChef Grill. They are staring at me now and saying--when will it be our turn??? That is the kind of sewing that keeps my husband happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great book Janet. Isn't it great that we are able to do all those sewing jobs!! Glad you and Michelle had a relaxing day out together.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Sandra Dallas and would love to read her latest book! I'm glad you got to spend such a fun day with Michelle. I have enjoyed your pictures of the kittens. Nobody can get too much of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to read the book. Sounds like a good book to take on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to read, so would love to read this one.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have read that book and it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Janet,
    I would love to read the book- I have read some of Sandra Dallas's books- she is an enjoyable read. A couple of others you may want to watch for are the Persian Pickle Club, The Diary of Mattie Spencer and ALice's tulips by Sandra.
    Sounds like life is busy as always on the farm. Even in summer there is lots of things to do.
    Thanks for the chance to win the book.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete