Monday--again already! And the middle of July too. Where does the time go? Michelle and BF Jared were home for the week-end. We enjoyed visiting, watching movies and eating--too much. We had our first watermelon of the summer. It was really good. It's always a gamble when you pick a melon--will it be good? I got it right this time. I use the ole "thunk" method. It was nice and red and sweet.
Sunday I went with my baby sister MJ to a baby shower for my niece's step-daughter's new baby boy--wow, that was a mouthful. We had a nice visit all the way there and all the way back. Nice to catch up on everything and everyone in the families. The new baby received alot of wonderful gifts. They have such nice equipment for babies now days. I never had a bouncer, walker or a stroller for my babies. We ooohed and aaaahed over the outfits and took turns holding the 3 babies in attendance. Three of MJ's 4 daughters were there and we went out for Chinese after a short shopping trip. Michelle and Jared stayed home to entertain DH and Rocco.
DH is recovered and back to work today. He is laying down more hay to bale later this week.
Rocco and I did pasture checks. I thought you might enjoy a photo of our cows visiting with the neighbor's cows.
Yes, that is Rocco's nose. :) He loves to hang out the window. Don't worry I'm always hanging on to him.
As you can see I have no sewing to share, so I better get busy. I need to do the next block for the Jelly Roll Sampler and I'm plugging away on the Pinwheels. I have all the vertical sashing done. Hugs until I talk to you next time.


Even if you aren't getting a lot of sewing done, it looks like you are certainly busy.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your great farm photos
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy them
Believe me I know about "Good fences Good neighbours"
Iam having trouble with my hobby farmer neighbours goats eating my roses
According to her its all my fault as I planted the garden too close to the fence
Bales of hay in a field is one of the most beautiful sights on earth.
ReplyDeleteMy city born husband knows I feel that way, but has never quite understood.
Love your bales of hay Janet. Looks like Rocco enjoys his ride around with you.
ReplyDeleteHow nice to spend time with all your womenfolk clucking over babies. Is that not what we do best.
Pleased to hear DH is well again.
Happy Stitching.
Buona settimana anche a te!!!
ReplyDeleteKiss dall'Italia
Cri&Anna
There is beauty everywhere - love your pictures of the farm and animals and big sky. From my little condo, I don't see much of the sky. I do love my home, but sometimes think how nice it would be to have a "studio" with big windows overlooking a lake or river - especially when it snows. But I'm blooming where I am planted! Life is good for an old hag! Carol
ReplyDeleteI love the white clouds in the blue sky with the green corn, green growing hay, and the brown bales. God has a beautiful way of using His paintbox of colors. Cattle and fences always create interesting experiences!!! If there is one bad spot in the entire fence-they will find it!
ReplyDeleteI just love looking at pictures of your ranch, Janet! Maybe your cows are telling your neighbor's cows that the grass is greener on their side of the fence! :o)
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear that your hubby is back to good health!
XOXO,
Cyndi