There were lots of new Christmas fabrics, samples and kits. Of course, I needed some things. Isn't it our duty to support these small local shops?
I'm a sucker for a snowman. This is a cute panel of eight. I bought matching fabric to make simple runners for quick gifts.
This little kit caught my eye for a quick gift item too. I love those little pattern cards from Pieced Tree patterns. I have a couple others that are quick runner patterns. I have quite a bit of Christmas fabric in my stash. I'm picturing fussy cutting the main square with a design for some more gifts.
I picked up this flannel to make some burp clothes to go with our shower gift. Yes, I do have flannel in my stash, but this was just so nice and soft---love Moda flannel.
Guess what?! They offered me a job at the quilt shop!! I really wish I could--what a dream job. Of course, I know I would spend all my wages there. lol I haven't brought it up to DH. They are looking for someone to fill in occasionally. I doubt I will. If I had spare time I'd be sewing myself. It made me feel good to be asked anyway.
I stopped for a java slush---mmmm so refreshing. The wheat isn't dry enough, so no lunches to make today. :(
Peanut and I are fighting. I moved the kittens out of the closet and back into their box. There was hardly any room for them in that closet. I scooted the box under the computer desk. They have been there all week. I came home from town and no kittens in the box.
You can see she's not pleased with this arrangement. She moved them all to under the bed. I moved them back to the box. They are all under the bed again. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but they can't be under the bed. And she does not want them in the box. We need to come to a compromise that will make us both happy. Maybe the box in the closet?
The babies are growing like weeds. Their eyes are open. It is so funny to watch them fight with each other and tumble around on their unsteady legs with chubby tummies.
Well, back to fighting with Peanut and figuring out a compromise. Hugs.............................








What nice news, trip to a quilt store, new fabric and a job offer! The kitties are cute, good luck with the compromise I'll be waiting to hear if it works.
ReplyDeleteMe too. Can't wait to hear what you two work out there. :0)
ReplyDeletePoor momma Peanut---hopefully you two have found a new hiding place for the family!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh what cute bundles of love---I really do miss caring for newborns and there moms!!!
Everybody is talking Christmas challenges and Christmas projects--so I guess it is never too early to start--those are cute fabrics---when you gonna start a project--oh that's right--you and Peanut have a problem to work out first!!!
Maybe just putting a top on the box will keep her happy--it will feel like a cave to her!!!
Hugs, Di
I love the picture--How many combines come to take care of the wheat? Do you bale the straw or chop it back on the field? How far do you haul the wheat to sell it? Fantastic offer--to work at the quilt shop. May create more fabric in your stash and more project to complete. Your table topper will be great. I always like Christmas fabrics!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a dream job. You might not end up with much take home pay though, after all the shopping at work. Even if it doesn't all work out, it is nice to have had an offer. The kittens are just adorable, and I'm sure you can come up with an acceptable home for them.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful picture that first one is, with the golden wheat field and bright blue sky! Looks like you got some great goodies at the quilt store. I would love to work at a quilt store, but would never make any money. LOL The kittens are getting so cute. Try covering most of the box so it feels more secure to Peanut. I hope you two iron out your differences. (grin) Have a good Sunday. Winona
ReplyDeleteI would be like you in the quilt store - I would spend all my salary in goods the shop. It would be an interesting job to do.
ReplyDeleteThe kittens are getting so cute- they are bundles of energy those little fluff balls- very sweet. Good luck with convincing Peanut .
Regards,
Anna
Lunch for the combiners sounds a bit like my MinL
ReplyDeletetalking about the thrashers.
I know big machines like harvesting rice her with the headers.
Mother cat will win one way or another.
Have a good week.
Hi Janet...I spotted my name at Pat's blog and thought I'd tell you that my giveway will be in the near future...exactly how long not sure. Mine is on backorder and I still have some work to do before I'm able to give one away....I'm hoping my Labor Day weekend or Mid-Sept.
ReplyDeleteCute Kittens I hope you have good luck finding homes
ReplyDeleteWhat a super picture - so simple and beautiful. I don't get to see the big, wide sky from my house - lots of trees around (love those too) but you have such lovely expansive views. Have you outwitted your kitty cat yet? Carol
ReplyDeleteI'm like you. If I were working in a quilt shop, I would spend my wages there. How great that they asked you to help out. Love the red and blue fabrics in the top photo. I'm a sucker for anything Christmas.
ReplyDeleteHow about putting some catnip UNDER the blanket in the box. Just a small pinch. :-)
ReplyDeletex x x
I worked in a friend's quilt shop for a few years. Great fun, and yes, I did spend most of my wages in there. The worst thing though was selling the last metre of fabric to a customer that you had intended to buy yourself!
ReplyDeleteI love your Christmas fabrics too.