Monday, August 2, 2010

Book winner/Prep Day

The winner of the book "Whiter Than Snow by Sandra Dallas is Moneik.  The random number generator picked number 1.  I won't have to send the book very far.  Moneik is from South Dakota too.  I hope she has time to read it.  She is a busy lady.  Enjoy, Moneik!




 


I made up my mind that August is going to be a productive quilting month. I spent every spare moment yesterday prepping BOM blocks. I did most of the cutting and tracing on dining room/kitchen table.  It was the coolest place to do it.  We are having a heat wave here.  The humidity is very high too.  I listened to my audio book, "A Change of Heart" by Jodi Picoult.  I like her books.  This one is alittle different than her others I've read.  Her books make you think about things from different view points.  What could be better than reading and sewing at the same time?

I need to make 2 jelly roll sampler blocks to finish up the 12 blocks for that quilt along.   I am down to mostly bits and pieces and a couple blah strips. 

The only BOM I need to prep yet is the new Raggedy & Friends block.   Kaaren is also having a giveaway for a handpainted sewing box.  What a creative and generous sweetie she is!

I didn't realize when I discovered quilt blogs that I really needed to pick and choose from all the wonderful BOMs on line.  I didn't know there were so many wonderful designers and quilters to make friends with and who share their creative talents with others for free.  When I discovered The Gum Tree Designers blog I didn't realize that they were only the tip of the iceberg.  lol  If only all I had to do was sew!! 

The guys started combining spring wheat late yesterday afternoon.  They are hard at it again today.   We usually haul it to the elevator about 30 miles away, but that elevator is full and not taking anymore right now.  It just takes more time on the phone and miles on the road to find someplace that will.  DH is also filling one bin at home to sell later.  IF there are no breakdowns they should finish up by tonight.  I've already made two parts runs to two different towns this morning and got home in time to make field lunch for 5 guys. 

I'm not even going to post a cat picture today.  We are still fighting it out.  I just haven't had time to come up with a plan yet.  Peanut and the kids have taken over the bedroom for now, but I need to do something soon.  They are getting more active everyday.

I thought I would share with you my beautiful pot of Impatiens that sit on our deck.

Actually this photo was taken earlier in July.  It was even bigger and better than this.   Until............................



Some kittens decided that it was a nice place to play or take a nap.  I'm not sure what they were doing, but they knew they were in trouble because they took off as soon as I stepped out on the deck.  lol   

I better get something done.  I got alot accomplished yesterday, probably because I wasn't on the computer.  Now I can stitch here and there as time permits.  Have a great week!!  Hugs

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for drawing my name! I'm looking forward to reading the book this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet - The kitties are winning. I just laughed so hard when I saw your flowers. It really isn't funny, I know. We have the deer here that eat ours sometime and it is a bummer. The little kitties are so cute, though, I know it's hard to be angry with them. And the flowers will fill in again. Stay cool in your hot weather. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet,
    I will stop at the library the next time I go to town to look for the book. Or maybe Moneik could have a book giveaway when she is finished and we could keep passing it around! Today I had to rescue a kitten when our border collie was carrying it across the back yard to play!
    You have been busy with all your prep work! I'll watch for your completed blocks!!
    I am holding all in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think you beautiful pot of flowers now looked lived in. Yep. Kittens win :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy reading and quilting, too. Having an audio book running keeps my mind happy and helps me control my sewing time. One CD is about equal to an hour, which is my goal sewing time per day (when I'm lucky).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to Moneik - I am sure she will enjoy the book.
    Your impatiens plant was beautiful- hopefully it will recover from the cats mischief.
    Good luck with your projects.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Moneik,enjoy your book. Good luck with the quilting this month Janet. I am halfway through the redwork on the Raggedy Anne and Andi Quilt. Love the photo you have in your header. Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete