I am close to becoming a hoarder. :( Have you seen that show? I just caught part of Oprah's show on Friday concerning hoarding. Wow. I'm not even close to that bad, but in the fabric/quilt stuff department I have way more than my share. I think my main problem has been when I don't actually have the time to sew I buy what I wish I could sew. I really need to make good use of the things I have. I'm so frugal in other areas of my spending. It's kind of crazy! I'm not going to tell you how many jelly rolls I have. No not that many!! : P
As you can see I have alot of stuff and this is probably only about half of it. I have to admit I also have shelves in the closet--and they are full. Ummmmmm--they make those nice plastic containers that fit under the bed too. Someone mentioned giving some away. That is pretty funny------I love my fabric. Sometimes I have a hard time cutting it up. When I was working, I justified it by saying I was buying for my retirement. BUT when I did the Jelly Roll quilt along and the Pinwheel quilt along--what did I do? I bought a jelly roll and a layer cake.
Yup---I'm done. This little project has taken the blinders off. Everything is out of the bags and boxes and I can see it and find it. I'm looking forward to having some room to finish up some projects and start some "small" fun ones. I've been wanting to make some pillow cases, a zipper bag and a pin cushion. I found my fabric to make a bag. I found the farm pattern for the baby quilt I want to make for one of the nephews.
I have alot more sorting and organizing to do, but I'm well on my way to being a happier quilter. When I get that shopping urge--I'll shop my own shelves. Can you tell how excited I am!! Of course, I'm ignoring the fact that time is still a factor--but I think the collecting will stop (hopefully).
All ready to start! (Don't look in that closet!)
Looks there's a bed in this room and you can walk to it!
As soon as I get my purple/white sampler bound I think I'll be hanging it over the bed. Michelle will be so surprised the next time she comes home.
Peanut update---the family has been moved. I moved them to the guest bathroom. She doesn't seem to mind too much. Peanut eats non-stop trying to keep up with their appetites. It's time they started eating some real food and getting littered trained. I thought maybe we would move them outside to the garden shed, but it has been so hot lately. DH said to keep them in the house for awhile yet. He is such a softy.
Checking out the accomodations.
What's this stuff? No, they didn't eat any--Peanut did.
Looks like they might need a bigger bed.
Shhhh-everyone is napping in the house---DH, Rocco, Puss, Peanut and crew. I'm going to go play.
Hugs to you all.............................








Move to the shed ?
ReplyDeleteNo way, not when you have such a clean and tidy house. :-) x x x x
Janet, your sewing area looks wonderful. Now that you have it all organized, maybe you can get lots of projects done. Love the pictures of Peanuts and her crew, especially the last one. So cute! Winona
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping my sewing room will look as nice as yours in the near future. I know what you mean about the quilt stash. I'm beginning to think that while they were packed up they multiplied because I'm sure discovering alot I don't remember (at least that's my story).
ReplyDeleteYou can tell me how many jelly rolls you have. Your secret is safe with me. ;) We had to put up some shades on the back porch and get a fan today for our cat!
ReplyDeleteThose kittens are growing so fast- they are too cute..
ReplyDeleteYour sewing room looks great- it is a wonderful strategy to shop in your stash. I know that is one of the ways that I feed my need for fabric is by going fabric shopping in the stash. Sometimes that playing acts as a deterent from buying more.LOL Like you, I have lots of stash to play in... and it does feel good to play...
Happy quilting..
Regards,
Anna
Your sewing room looks wonderful. So fun to be able to see everything!
ReplyDeleteI have so much fabric, I'll never get it all used up and sad to say it doesn't keep me from shopping for new fabric. Of course, most it is from my business so I tell myself that doesn't count. l0l I still adore those kittens and wish one was going to be mine. Nola
Oh my gosh, I love this posting...your sewing room looks wonderful, if only I could clone you, or be like you :>)!! I love the kittens, how adorable..."no,no" not to the shed, they must stay near you :>D , they are so content and so cute!!
ReplyDeleteMust make you feel very good to have you sewing room all organized. It is scary how much fabric we can collect. Cute pics of kitties.
ReplyDeleteYour sewing room looks great! I like the way you have the shelves organized in all the cases and drawers. I have gotten so many ideas looking at bloggers sewing rooms.
ReplyDeleteThe kittens are growing fast.
Wow, it looks amazing, especially when you look back at the before pictures. Good luck with using it all up. Isn't that the fun part?
ReplyDeleteHello Janet, great job on the sewing room makeover. I have written a little sign in my room which says "Remember to use up what I have" I know patchwork shops etc are so damn enticing but we have our own patchwork shop right at home which we already have paid for. Happy sewing.
ReplyDeleteBev.xoxo
Well, I told you you got me motivated...I cleaned up my sewing room today and organized everything! I'm going to post photos, hopefully tomorrow! You did a great job...it always feels so good to start a project in a clean and organized room!
ReplyDeletePeanut's babies are getting so big. They are just so darn cute! Makes me want kittens again! =^..^=
XOXO,
Cyndi
Your sewing room looks lovely and I would love to come shopping at your house.
ReplyDeleteThe kittens are growing in leaps and bounds. Poor Peanut ,they sure do need to start eating some other food.
The kittens are so sweet and what a good mommy!
ReplyDeleteI think your sewing room is splendidly organized. I have been trying hard not to buy more fabric. A good way to use some of it up is to make some quilts for kids at children's hospitals. They love them. Just simple one-patch..you can make them fast. :)
Your sewing room looks great! I caught the end of that Oprah show too...shocking wasn't it? It made me feel a bit better about the things that I keep, but I also realized that there is a lot that I need to get rid of too! I'm starting in the attic and working my way to the basement.
ReplyDeleteYour sewing room looks wonderful!! I have to get mine organized. I have been doing some sewing and then just tossing stuff around instead of putting it away. You know how that goes! :)
ReplyDeleteI always say NO MORE and then there is a great sale somewhere......arrrrgh!
How old are the kitties now? They are looking so big :)
SheilaC
Janet - now you can lay down and dream of more fabric..............but the hard part - WHERE to put more...LOL
ReplyDeleteBut, being the faithful quilter you are (like so many of us), you'll find room...LOL
I heard the Oprah show was eye-opening, but I don't need to see that to know that I have WAY too much stuff, and my organizational skills need some fine tuning. Your sewing room is inspiration for me, Janet. Now if I could just do a little cleaning and sorting, plus add a purring, meowing little family like you have -- quilting heaven!
ReplyDeleteYour sewing area looks great!!! Way to go!! How does it feel to be complete??? :)
ReplyDeleteI know exactly what you are saying. I am frugal in my spending as well, my sister calls me a miser, but I find it very hard not to buy fabrics when I go shopping. I just don't have the time to sew either. I love your sewing room.
ReplyDeleteWhat fun to have your own little store now. I did a similar organization on a MUCH smaller scale last December and have enjoyed it ever since. I still buy, of course, but mostly to finish projects. It has amazed me what I have been able to do by shopping fabric-on-hand first.
ReplyDeleteps--I really like how you change your header so often. Makes me feel like I am there (or really want to be).
Great job. My sewing room is in desperate need of a tidying up. Heck..more than just tidying..it is a disaster at the moment. I've been trying for at least 2 years to really use up stash and I think I've done a good job of not buying, but for some reason the stash doesn't seem any smaller!
ReplyDeleteJanet, the bedroom looks great. Quite a difference from the previous post. Looks like you are on the right track.
ReplyDeleteI have been working out of my stash trying to trim it down. I've done pretty good. I try not to buy anything unless it is to finish a project. I have been very disciplined this year and it has really worked for me. I have bought books that I really didn't need and gadgets too but as far as fabric goes, I have not bought any for NEW projects. I can't say I haven't been tempted and didn't have to be pulled out of the store kicking and screaming! Oh well, you get the idea. I am really trying and I can tell it is paying off. Have fun with your stash and enjoy it. Your kitties are so cute and Momma is such a good mommy to them. Hugs, Linda