Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Home Sweet Home

As Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz knew there is  no place like home.  I am home from a wonderful trip to visit Jen in Pensacola, FL.  We had a great time with lots of girl time.  I got my hair colored and cut, a facial and a pedicure.  Jen cooked and we ate out at places that DH would never go.  We rented movies and we went to the movie "Eat, Pray, Love".  I slept in and I stayed up late.  We hung out and we did yard work.  We spent one whole day shopping until my feet were done.  It was a much needed break for me and a pick me up for Jen.


This is Jen's cat, Bubba.  It took him a few days, but by the time I went home he was my lap cat.  He loves to play fetch with a little soft fabric ball.  What a sweetie.
Jen's other kitty, Puss-in-Boots is waiting for her next meal.   Puss has had some digestive problems, but now after 4 food changes she is ready for every meal.   She is part Maine Coone and is a big cat with super soft fur. 

I flew home Monday afternoon arriving at 1210 am Tuesday morning for a 90 minute drive home.  Everyone was thrilled to see me.  Rocco ran in circles of joy.  I can tell I was missed--DH gave me an extra kiss this morning as he headed out to the field.  I have been doing laundry and cleaning.  It is very nice to be home.  I think that is the best part of any trip--your appreciation for everything you take for granted every day.  I know how blessed I am.



The kittens are 6 weeks old today.  They are so wild and crazy as they fight and play with each other.  Kittens are always so much fun to watch.

I seemed to have picked up a bug on the way home.  My nose is funny today.  I am using Airbornne and Zicam and hoping for a quick resolution.  I really don't want a summer cold.  I'm just not feeling like doing much of anything today. 

 One thing I have been doing is entering contests to win a GO.  There are many "GO" giveaways out there right now.


Paulette is having a giveaway.  I'm letting you know, so I can have another chance to win.  I think it would be wonderful if one of my friends won one if I didn't, so go over and make a comment for a chance to win too.

I hope I'm feeling better tomorrow, so I can get the Safari Star finished.  I'm catching up on my blog reading today. 

17 comments:

  1. Yes, there is no place like home. I bet the kittens looked big to you when you got home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great trip! Hope you feel better soon. Happy Wednesday! :o) Thanks for sharing. Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you and Jen had a wonderful time, but I know what you mean...there just really is no place like home! Being away makes getting back into your regular routine a welcomed event.

    Sorry to hear that you picked up a bug, though. Hope you kick it to the curb soon and feel much better!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo glad you are home too---I missed you and your blogging--so welcome back---and I hope that "bug" is all gone by now!!!
    I am having my own cat adventure with some feral kittens on the next street over--but I still think I want a little dog!!!!!!!!
    Hugs,Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased you had such a wonderful time with Jen. Sounds like just the sort of trip you both needed.Yes it is nice to know we are missed and wanted.
    Hope your nose clears up soon and you can get back to your stitching after the house chores are done.
    Oh the kittens are so gorgeous I am glad I live in Aussie and can't take one home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home Janet, the best place to be. Sounds like you had a great time and was kept extremely busy on your holiday. Those kittens are super cute.like Maria if we lived closer I know someone in our family who couldn't resist.
    Have a happy day.
    Bev.oxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great trip! Pensacola is my home, too! I am in NE Louisiana now but hope to move back home when we retire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quality girl time -- there's nothing like it, especially mother-daughter time.
    Good luck nipping that summer cold in the bud--those just aren't fair! Summer is NOT the time to be sick.
    Love your new header with the sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you kick it soon. Glad you had such a good time with your daughter. Doesn't it make you feel good to come home to everyone all excited to see you? (grin) The kittens have sure grown. Cute as can be. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I thought I had a cold too but it was allergies, the pollen count has been so high here in MN. I took some Claritin and I am a new girl... hope you find a quick fix too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back. Good luck with the Go draw. I hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, your trip sounded just wonderful. Daughters just have a way of picking up your spirits, don't they? I hope your nose feels better soon and I just loved the sweet kitten pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you had a great break away from the farm doing lots of girly things. I definately agree with you about coming home though.

    Your kittens are so cute. I bet you waste a big part of the day watching them play.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad that you had such a good time! Good luck with winning a GO. I have been entering too.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cottage and I have been busier than we let on........... :-)
    I realised tonight I only have two fluffies on my lap.... :-(
    Always room for another ...... Why don't you live closer ? :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back glad you had a good time, the kitties are getting big.

    ReplyDelete