I finished the last two Jelly Roll Sampler blocks. Konda will be posting finishing instructions sometime today. I'm just glad to get the blocks done. It's been fun making the different blocks from a jelly roll every two weeks. I've also enjoyed meeting new designers and checking out their blogs.
I am still deciding on borders or no borders for my Pinwheel quilt. I have the sashing all finished on it. Rachel didn't do borders on hers, but I'm still deciding. I think that is what makes me such a pokey quilter. I have a hard time making decisions.
I finished prepping all the blocks for BOMs that I had in my to do folder. I will be able to have something readily available to stitch on when I have a minute. The Raggedy Annie & Friends block was fun to put together. I have a couple pinwheels going the wrong way--just noticed that this morning drinking coffee with DH. I'm not sure if I'm going to unsew or just leave it. It's a big enough quilt I'm sure I'll be the only one that notices. But you know how those little mistakes "scratch" at you. lol
I tried my hand at burp rags yesterday. They were quick and easy. These will be for the baby shower for Michelle's friend. They are having the shower before the baby is born. We don't know if it is a boy or a girl. It's a secret. Their theme is jungle tho, so these should be ok.
I'll have to make some more. Two of our nephews are expecting babies in October and December. One will be a boy and one will be a girl.
I feel like I'm really getting alot done this week. I think I know why--DH is busy. I sure get alot more done when I don't get interrupted or get to have my own schedule. :)
Remember my lovely Impatiens pot? I found who the culprits are yesterday afternoon.
Doesn't Striper look comfy and "innocent"? I just laughed and left him. Later in the day I found this:
Two nappers..............
Stretching and yawning after a lovely lay-about.
Blogger has frustrated me enough. lol
I hope you are having a great week too. Hugs....................................






Those naughty kitties. Whenever anything goes wrong on the ranch my dad blames it on the kitties. And, as you have proof of, they are probably guilty.
ReplyDeleteGreat job on the jelly roll blocks! I don't think your impatiens stand a chance! LOL
ReplyDeleteOh, your jelly roll blocks are looking so good. And, whata great gift for the new baby or really mom. Cute kitty photos.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks with that line of fabric are absolutely wonderful! I enjoyed seeing kitty pictures (shhh...I would have left them too).
ReplyDeleteYour burp rags are really cute and will come in handy to new moms and dads. Great blocks too. Of course I love the pictures of the kitties. I miss having kittens. Have a great day. Winona
ReplyDeleteThe kitties look so happy in those flowers. I'm sure I wouldn't have the heart to make them leave. The jelly roll sampler blocks look great. I saw a couple of finished quilts on other blogs and they look so great all put together. It is a nice change to have quiet time now and again to cross lots of things off of the list, but it is also nice to have company most of the time.
ReplyDeleteYou HAVE been busy! (Obviously the kitties are a bit confused and think that the inpatients are in a flowerBED!)
ReplyDeleteI at my DD2's at present and she said "She loves the nests your kittens have made". They are cat folk too.
ReplyDeleteWill be going home evening so will be able to visiting my blogging friends laonger.
Have a great day
Love your blocks! I started putting my top together tonight.
ReplyDeleteI love your jelly roll blocks, Janet. Those colors are wonderful!
ReplyDeleteAnd I wouldn't be able to be mad at the kittens, either. How cute!
XOXO,
Cyndi
The jelly roll blocks are so pretty. I understand you feelings about being glad to have them done. Any single project that I stretch out over a period of time runs the risk of my losing interest.
ReplyDeletePhotographic proof of the culprits! Precious!
Hi--love your jelly roll blocks--love that fabric line!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the "yawning" kitties---I am not sure why kitties love to sleep in flower beds--maybe they just like to "smell the roses" while they sleep!!!
Hugs, Di
What?? That is not the newest design in kitty beds?
ReplyDeleteTOO funny.....(not really, your poor flowers!)
SheilaC