Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day Interrupted/Kittens


This was the "big" sewing project of the day.  One of the safety straps for the boat needed reinforcing.  DH had his favorite pants that needed patching too.  The jeans already have been patched on the knees and backside, but he ripped the crotch out.  They don't look too great, but I bet he wears them.  I think they were made with faulty denim and should have been sent back to the maker.  I took time to clean and oil Bernie after I was done.  She sure sounds smoother now.  I think I was overdue on the maintenance!

I didn't get much more done yesterday.   DH had me running here and there again.  I started stitching on the Annie block last night.  I did take it apart and get the pinwheels going like I had planned.  I didn't want to start the whole project off on the wrong foot.

I thought I would give you kitten lovers a fix today.











Bath time
<>
Hold still.






A Kiss for Momma


I had trouble with blogger and the pictures. Can you tell?  I'm going to give up and just post them.  I need to get started doing something besides this.  lol 

9 comments:

  1. Always worth it for the kitten lovers among us.
    X X X Aren't they growing quickly. Ah, I suppose they do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading through your blog. Your header is beautiful! All the kittens are pretty cute, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, love the pictures of the kitties. I so wish I was there so I could play with them. Peanut is such a good mama. I figured you would fix your pinwheels. You would have thought about them every time you looked at your quilt. LOL I know, I've been there. I had trouble even logging in to blogger today, so I think they are having issues. Have a great day. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the kittens- Our Mars cat is orange and we love her very much- she is quite the girl. She used to flush the toilet and watch the water go down the drain. They are such interesting little critters..
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing I am not closer or I think I would have a new orange kitten at my house.... love those little marmalades :)

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will take the little grey one!!!
    It seems the little dark one is not as active as the others--that one gold one sure is attached to momma and has been since it was born--at least I think it is the same one--it is always sleeping beside momma some way!!!!
    Thanks for the cute update!!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh the cuteness is almost too much to handle! They are just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kittens are fun to watch--Maybe we should extchange some-5 of ours are gray striped and two are black.

    All farmer DH's prefer patched work jeans more than new jeans. Sometimes it seems as though there are more patches than actual jeans left! DIL's bring DS's jeans home for me to mend.

    ReplyDelete