I tore the bedroom apart that doubles as my "sewing studio". It has just been getting in worse and worse condition. Things have become so unorganized that I don't even know what I have and don't have anymore. I decided I can no longer stand it!! I bought a book shelf and a shelf unit about a month ago. I had the time to assemble them yesterday. Today I'm rearranging and organizing. I'm looking forward to having a space to sew in that actually makes me feel like making something. It will also help me overcome my temptation to continue to buy fabric and kits, because I will know how much I actually have already--and it's A LOT.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the 2 tubs of magazines. I know I can't throw them away without looking through everyone of them. Could you? I already have 4 binders of quilt and embroidery projects from the magazines I went through last winter. I am not renewing my magazine subscriptions. When they run out--they run out.. I have a lifetime of quilt patterns and quilting tips. I think I can get my quilting fix from the Internet now. Books are another story. I need to cull through them eventually.
DH just laughed at lunch "You think two shelves is going to be enough". It's sure going to help!
These pictures are after I started moving stuff around. Then I decided I needed to take pictures.
Showing you these pictures helps me make the commitment to clean up my act! I better get to work!!
I can't wait to take "after pictures"! Wouldn't you hate to be a guest in this room?!





It makes me smile to know that there are other people out there like me!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on getting organized! I love going through my old quilt magazines and books. I keep what I want and take the rest to quilt guild for someone else to take home! :0)
ReplyDeleteI love the before pictures. Imagine how much better it is going to look when you are done. As much as it is no fun to take time away from your sewing, it will be so much more pleasant to do so when you are done. Good luck with your project.
ReplyDeleteI'd LOVE to be a guest in that room. I could take a whole bunch of stuff with me when I left, and you'd never know or miss it. *L*
ReplyDeleteWHAT !
ReplyDeleteNo kittens ?
Have to clear out the cupboard under the stairs sometimes too. No kittens in there either :-) x x x
I had to do a mini-clean of my sewing area the other day. It started because of the cat! It looks a lot better now, and I hope it will work a little better for me.
ReplyDeleteI need to have a good clean as well. But I am not showing my mess. I try to clean my mess up after each sewing event but some time I just leave it.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!! I can't wait to see how it looks when you are done!
ReplyDeleteI spent January folding my fabric and organizing my stash room. It was quite an accomplishment and I felt much better when it was done! :)
You are doing a great job in getting your room organized - I have always kind of like going through everything and straightening things out. However, I'm not as good at it as I used to be. I have my sewing machine upstairs and the do my cutting, etc., in the basement. Would be nice to have it all up but at my age it's good to keep climbing stairs! So far, so good! Your kitties are so cute! Carol
ReplyDeleteI thought all craft rooms looked like yours Janet??I had a giggle when I saw what you need to put on your TWO shelves. LOL. DH is right you will need more.
ReplyDeleteYes it's a hard call with your mags. If you get rid of them you know later on that there was something you wanted.
Leave you to it. Must peg my washing.
Great "before" pictures. Gave me a good laugh. Can't wait to see the completed makeover with your new shelves! Also love the kittens! They are really growing! Nola
ReplyDeleteYou will have it all organized before you know it. Every time I clean and organize I lose things. Still can't find my red pens for tracing designs for redwork. I know I bought 2 of them, but cannot find them. I think I will blame Callie. LOL Have a great weekend. Winona
ReplyDeleteOh I can sooo identify with all you say here! nope I couldn't POSSIBLY throw out magazines- think what you might miss! And having recently gone through some of my sewing stuff I can understand the decision to not buy any more...and also not renew subscriptions...if you are bored (ha! ha!) you can always treat yourself to one magazine, occasionally!
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, good luck with the rest of the sorting!
Oh, I feel your pain! I have the same problem, but my sewing room is about half the size of yours! But now I'm inspired to get going on mine, too. Can't wait to see your "after" pics!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Cyndi
If you can get all that on two shelves, well you've done some pretty good purging and some awfully good organizing! Good luck and enjoy finding all your "new" things :)
ReplyDeleteI canceled all my magazines too... like you I have SO many patterns. I do like to look at all t he pics though.
ReplyDeletegood luck setting up your space.
SheilaC