I finished my Annie & Friends block last night. I am only using stash, of course. Those of you doing the blocks may notice I made a little change on mine. I just wasn't into the pineapple on the original pattern--no offense Kaaren. I like the way it turned out.
Short evenings make for little stitching time. John Deere and I have been going steady. We are making hay for winter feed. DH also baled all the oat straw from the combining. I am either running the hay bind or the rake. We have been eating supper around 8-9 pm. I didn't go to the shower on Saturday and Safari Star has not progressed from a flimsy. The baby isn't due until September 15th, so I'll "getter done".
I am flying out on Wednesday morning for Pensacola, FL to visit DD 2, Jen. We haven't been to her house for over 2 1/2 years. There is just so much to do at home. DH can't get away right now and Jen needs some family support. It's time for some girl time. I'm looking forward to seeing her and her two cats, Bubba and Puss in Boots. I'm also looking forward to some wonderful food. lol I'm not sure how the seafood is after the oil spill, but I'm sure we will find something to eat. There will also have to be a trip to Foley, AL for outlet shopping. I'm sure there will be a Phase 10 tournament. Jen usually wins tho.
Michelle has taken some time off, so she can help her Dad and look after the pets. I'm so glad she can come while I'm gone. I hate to leave when DH is so busy. I'll enjoy myself alot more knowing she is here at home.
I probably won't be blogging while I'm gone. I'll be home very late on Monday night, if the flights are on time. Thank you to everyone for your nice comments on Safari Star. I'm looking forward to finishing it, so I can start on the farm baby quilt. I'll miss you all. Hugs.................

Your block is sweet.
ReplyDeleteAh yes -- time with John Deere. I remember it well, and as a city gal now for many, many years, I miss it.
Safe travels, and enjoy your time with DD2. I hope your girl time will be exactly what you want it to be.
Have a wonderful trip and we will see you when you get home!!
ReplyDeleteTravel safe!
SheilaC
PS Love your block!
Such a darling block! Have a great time visiting your daughter!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time in Florida. I have a daughter who lives in Niceville,next to Fort Walton Beach. I go about twice a year.
ReplyDeleteHave a great time with your daughter.
ReplyDeleteThe Annie block is very adorable. I love the colors you've chosen to go with it. Have fun with your daughter in Florida. It's been hot here.
ReplyDeleteYou block looks sweet enjoy your time in Florida ai'm sure you deserve it.
ReplyDeleteYour Annie block is adorable! Enjoy your trip and your time with your daughter. Safe travels.
ReplyDeleteThe blocks look great! Have a safe trip!!!
ReplyDeleteLove your block. Have a safe and happy trip.
ReplyDeleteVery nice piece that you are working on Janet. How nice that you will get some time with your daughter- I am sure that she will love having her mama with her for a bit.
ReplyDeleteYou sure are busy these days on the farm- there is so much to do during the summer and fall with the crops. My grandparents were and my uncle still is a farmer in Central Alberta. They are so busy too- its nice when the weather cooperates isn't it...
Have a safe journey,
Regards,
Anna
Annie and Andy block looks great. How good are you to have done it.
ReplyDeleteDH and you have been very busy on the farm.
Enjoy your time with Jen. Will be good for you both to have girlie time.
So nice Michele will be home to take care of things.
Have fun.
Janet, your block looks great. I am sure Kaaren will not mind at all about your changes. You are making it your own. (grin) Have fun on your trip. Please take some pictures to share with us when you get back. Said a little prayer for safe travels for you. Winona
ReplyDeleteHave a great "mom and daughter" time with Jen. Sometimes nothing will do but "mom". Travel safely and we'll "see" you when you get back!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Cyndi