Monday, August 9, 2010

Haying, Combining and Playing


I went shopping in my new organized stash.  I had big plans to play.  Yesterday's plan was amended when the neighbor stopped for coffee.  There went DH's nap and my playtime.  We had a nice visit and some plans were made for this coming week.  This morning I raked and DH baled the last of the 2nd cutting of alfalfa.  We haven't had two cuttings of alfalfa for many years, so it's nice to get extra bales for winter feeding.  This afternoon they are combining enough oats to fill one large grain bin.  DH will bale the rest of the oats for winter feed.  I helped move trucks around after lunch. 

I was determined to get started on my new project.  I got all the pieces cut out.  Here's a little peek...........


I did get some sewing done before I needed to start supper for the field.  It's cooling off a little outside and Rocco really wants to take a walk down the road.   I suppose I'll have to give in to those sad eyes.  He's been neglected all day--so he thinks.


There's a new stow-away on the boat.  The other barn cat has brought her 3 kittens up for chow.  I was surprised tonight when I went out to start the grill by this little stranger.   They are pretty wild, so I won't have to worry about them being under my feet when I walk down the deck steps.

I hope I have a top to show you soon.  Hugs Janet

8 comments:

  1. Company and field work come first, in the country, in the summer. Lucky you, spending playtime with such bright, pretty fabrics. You're a tease with those triangles and the diamond. I'll be watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't great to have an organized sewing room? I'm always amazed when I find some wonderful fabric I've totally forgotten I had. (Also a little embarrassed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those fabrics! I can't wait to see what the top turns out to be! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last time I was home, I got pulled out of bed to move trucks...things that were such an interuption and now a pleasant change from city life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty colors you are working with! I look forward to seeing your project. Sounds like you are busy, busy. Always happens at this time of year in the country. More kitties. I am so jealous. Both of our girls are fixed, so I just have to get my kitten fix through you. LOL Have a wonderful week. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it that you went shopping at home! We should all do more of that. Your new project looks lovely and bright and I am looking forward to seeing what comes of it. My, how those little kittens have grown in such a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new header photo.
    Nice fabrics to play with. Love the way you are putting them together.
    It is lovely to have friends drop by for coffee and DH and you have been very busy in the fields again too.You will get back to sewing.
    Barn Puss is very cheeky.

    ReplyDelete