Friday, July 9, 2010

New BOM/Wind Power


I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Raggedy Ann.  Kaaren with The Painted Quilt blog is once again sharing her generous spirit and creative talent with fellow bloggers.  Starting 7/21 she will be hosting a free 10 month BOM called Raggedy & Friends.  It will be stitching and patchwork.  She has already finished her quilt.  It is so cute.  I'm looking forward to a new series of stitcheries of one of my favorite dolls.

When we drove to the river last week-end, we passed through the Wind Power Farm on the way.  Do you have wind towers in your area?  I always feel as though I am passing through alien territory with the huge towers on either side of the highway.

 
There are 27 towers in this project.  I'm not sure where the power goes, but I know we have plenty of wind to make them work.   There is another project to the east of these about 15 miles with 12 towers.  We can see the lights blinking on them at night from our house over 25 miles away.



They don't seem to bother the cows grazing here. 

Were you ever pregnant in July?  Do you remember how hot and uncomfortable you were?   Well, Peanut can sympathize!  She just can't get comfortable at all, but when she does she is totally out of it.


We aren't too happy about the pending additions, but it is our own fault.  I had good intentions of a vet visit, but it didn't get taken care of.   We gave away 4 kittens last year, so I'm hoping we can find good homes again.  I'm also hoping there aren't very many.   I'll keep you posted. 

No sewing this week.  DH is still under the weather.  He has antibiotics now, so we are hoping for a faster recovery.  Thank you for all your get well wishes for him.  It has rained off and on all week, so he really hasn't missed out on too much work.  He has been sleeping alot.  Michelle is home for a few days, so  we are enjoying that.  Hugs to all............................

9 comments:

  1. Oh poor Peanut. I had a baby in September and also one in October, so I so feel for her. Nothing worse than being big as a barn and not being able to get comfortable or cool. I hope she has her babies soon. I am so looking forward to Kaaren's BOM. I love her quilt. Hope your dh gets well quick. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor kitty! My youngest was born mid-August, so I can definitely sympathize with how she feels!

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link to the BOM. It looks as if it will be a great project. Good to see some windpower in your area. Hope hubbie is on the mend now. Have a great weekend.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is my son's birthday. He was 6 days late. 6 long, painful, sweltering days in July. They may just have been the longest 6 days of my life. Glad your DH is feeling better. Your block of the month looks like it will be lots of fun. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Peanut.Hope she delivers soon and you will get her to the vet this time. LOL.
    Yes we have a big wind farm only 25kms away too. Great idea but I am pleased we don't live closer, very noisey things.
    thanks Janet will have a look at the BOM.
    Pleased DH is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love Kaaren's work? Hope your little kitty is surviving the heat, my nieces neighbor has two cats who had kitten at the same time but the neighbors are taking more care of them then the owner herself. i think they are looking into adopting one of the mommas and trying to get in on some help to neuter/spade them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, poor little Peanut! At least she's inside where she can stay cool. Do you know when she's due? I'm sure after this litter you and she will be paying the Vet a visit! =^..^=

    I think those wind towers are so cool...wish there were more of them. I haven't seen any here in Ohio, but that doesn't mean there aren't any! I don't get out much! LOL!!!

    Hope your hubby will be back up and around soon!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Janet - I'm your newest follower :o) The Raggedy BOM sounds intriguing. I'm new to quilting, so maybe this would be a good project for me. Looking forward to reading your posts. Happy Sunday! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Peanut... I was pregnant in July so I can sympathize with her!!!!! Hope your hubby is better now. No wind towers here.
    I thank you so much for your comment. Glad you enjoyed my tour. Next week end there will be the part two.
    Have a good week with your family.
    Hugs
    Eli

    ReplyDelete