Monday, July 19, 2010

Rollin on the River


We took the boat motor for a tune-up last week.  We took time yesterday to go and get it.  Michelle worked 6-2 at the living center, so she cruised with us.  BF Jared joined us later too.  This is the capitol building as seen from the Missouri River.  It was a gorgeous day on the water.  It has been a hot week of 100 degree days, but Sunday was 82 F with a light breeze.  The motor purrs now. 


The bridge divides Pierre and Ft. Pierre--also Central time from Mountain time. 

 

Rocco enjoys boating too.   We left the boat in Pierre.  Of course, now that it runs so well, DH wants to sell it.  There are a couple people interested in it.  DH already has another boat picked out.  We'll see it on Wednesday.  "Boys and their toys"--always need to be bigger and better.  We have had the pontoon 22 years.  It will be kind of hard to let it go--lots of memories.  :) 



The kittens are growing.  Their eyes are still closed.  Peanut allowed herself a trip outside the last 2 mornings for about 4 hours each time.  She must wear a watch.  lol  The babies just slept while she was gone.  I was feeling rather sorry for her.  She has always been such a hunter and loves to be outside.  It was strange to see her stay in the house doing nothing.  Puss has become more actively affectionate and sleeping on our bed at night with us again.   I'm sure she's wondering how long these new cats are staying. 

Rocco was such an active part of taking care of the 5 orphans last fall.  He doesn't have much to do with the new babies, but still loves his Peanut and misses her playtime.  I'm glad he has the kids outside to entertain him.  I'm glad you enjoyed the video.  It is like a circus watching them play.  I wish I could get a video of them chasing Rocco and him chasing them, but they all move too fast.  We laugh so hard.

I'm still working on my pinwheel sashings here and there.  I've just about got a flimsy!  I finished another block for the Bouquet BOM.


I just have the finishing blocks to do.  I'm so behind with every BOM.  I don't know what made me think I could do them all.  There is just so much talent and generous sharing in Blogland.  I really don't know how Jenny can come up with so many new designs and stitch them all AND move in the process.  She must be a wonderwoman.   I know she's a wonderful woman--always sharing her creativity.

I know I spend way too much time on the computer!  I also know I will have more time this winter to stitch.  It amazes me how quickly some people accomplish things tho.  I'm not sure I've had a finish this year--let alone two or three a month.  I'm too busy seeing what every one else is doing maybe.  BUT I love to see what you are doing too. 

Gotta run.  Looks like I have to run to town for some parts after lunch.  Have a great week.  Talk to you later.  Hugs..............

13 comments:

  1. I keeping up with your new family members. They certainly are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful day on the river with Rocco enjoying himself there! Congratulations on the new babies and I just watched that video - cats are sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the new photo of the babies---and of course Rocco---he is such a "charmer"!!! I think he needs an extra hug tonight!!!!
    I know what you mean about keeping up--I know I said I would not do as many bom this year as last---well---something happened somewhere's along the line!!!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the update on the "kitties". Looks like it was a beautiful day to be out on the water. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Janet, those cool blue waters look lovely. Gotta love those boys and there toys. Good luck with your BOM's. Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janet...a blissful day on the water!!! I too spend quite a bit of time on the computer LOL, and I don't know how Jenny does all that she does either!!! Dzintra♥x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable pile of kitties! I suppose gals and their sewing machines compare to men & their toys, and thanks for the scenic photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know, it sounds to me that you just enjoy your life. Who cares if you finish anything, as long as you enjoy working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet, the river looks so beautiful! We used to go out on the lake all the time when the kids were little. So much fun!

    I know what you mean about some of those speedy quilter out there! Not sure how they get it all done! I am a bit pokey :) But it is still fun. I am behind too!!

    Have a wonderful week
    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet,
    I can certainly relate to too much time on the computer and not enough at the sewing machine. However, my husband's computer needs to go to the shop so we are now sharing mine. It is a blessing in disguise as I got part of a couch quilt made yesterday.
    Your boat trip looks lovely- nice for you to some great family and couple time together.
    The kittens look so sweet- pretty soon they will be a bundle energy that will be busy and hopefully not creating too much havoc.VBG
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those babies are just so adorable! I can't stand how much cuteness is in a pile! Kisses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pics, never been even close to where you live and such fun to see other places! Kitties are so sweet... the elders, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bouquet block is beautiful and the little kitties are adorable!

    ReplyDelete