Thursday, July 22, 2010

Too Much Flash?

They are just so cute.  Sweet little faces.  I can't help myself.

The kittens are 1 week old and their eyes are just opening.  Their little tummies are just so chubby.  I just can't resist giving them a little one finger stroke.  Ok, I've been picking them up alittle too.  They are just so adorable.

Peanut said that's enough.  In the night she moved them into the bedroom (computer room) closet.  I have to admit----that closet is a wreck.  I have been meaning to clean it out, but it's mostly Jen's "stuff".  Jen lives in Florida and of course we didn't get it done when she was home in May.   I hate messing with other people's stuff.  That closet also has 2 garbage bags of my Mom's clothes (memory quilt?), my Mom's prom dress and my Uncle Bill's ventriloquist dummy (Charlie McCarthey), Jen's winter coat she wears when she's here in December for Christmas and 2 tubs full of stuffed monkey--yes, stuffed monkeys.  There is also a ton of other stuff in there--folding chairs, card table, tv trays, winter bedding and the artificial Christmas tree in a big box.  I think maybe you have the idea now.   Maybe it's not all Jen's stuff either.  8)

I can see the tops of Peanuts ears way back in the corner through the jungle of "stuff".  I really don't have time to clean a closet today.  I guess she knew what she was doing.  I won't be taking pictures or touching her kids for today anyway.

15 comments:

  1. They are such cute babies no wonder you can't help cuddling them.
    Oh I think we all have one of those closets too.
    Clever Peanuts. she know they would be safe in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she really let you know what she thought about "bothering" her kids, didn't she? LOL!!! But they are so adorable, I'd be having the same problem of wanting to touch and hold them, too! However, if you're like me, there won't be more pics of the babies until they are up and running around...cleaning out a closet isn't high on my priority list! :o)

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut seems like a wonderful mother. How funny that she moved them. Guess just being very protective. Can't wait to see these little ones with their eyes open. They are adorable. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama cats have a way of doing moving their kittens just when we are enjoying them! I am so glad to hear that other people have closets like mine!! When I couldn't sleep last night, I was thinking of cleaning closets! That was worse than a nightmare. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh...they are just TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love baby kitties--my kids always touched them. A lot. Makes very friendly cats.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have three grown children, and although they're all successful adults with stable jobs, not one is in his/her own home yet (for various reasons) and we have their STUFF-- 3 packed closets plus an overflow of bins and boxes with more STUFF. I'm also glad to read that I'm not alone.
    Add to all of this my prom dresses and school momentos and misc things from my mom and dad -- we have a house with multi-generational STUFF.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The babies are so cute and sweet. No wonder you can't resist. I wouldn't be able to either. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't know why but some momma cats are like that--others let you hold them and love them from day one--those that you can love from day one are better house cats--but as you have a farm it probably doesn't matter to you as long as they are healthy!! Thanks for sharing the pics anyway--OH--I know what Peanut is thinking---I am going to "Make" mom clean this closet once and for all--once these babies are grown and out of here--she will "need" to clean this closet--she has put this job off long enough!!!!!!!!!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still have closets filled with my grown kids stuff too!!! (one of these days....)

    The kitties are just so sweet! They will be tumbling out of the closet to play soon enough.

    Do you have any takers for them yet?

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kitties a so lovely! Almost impossible not to touch and hold them... Peanut is a very good mother. Have a great week end. Hugs.
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't cats just so funny, the way they tell you exactly how they are feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are so cute! I bet you cant wait till they are a few more weeks older and scampering around like mad things. It will be so much fun to play with them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Janet, Mum knows best!! At least you know where she is. Those kittens will be grown before you no it.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, maybe if you start to name them, you will call one Hannah for me x x x

    ReplyDelete