Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Jelly Roll Block #10


I completed Jelly Roll Block #10  of the quilt along at Moose on the Porch Quilts.  I'm getting to the end of fabric choices in my jelly roll.  I am still struggling with the technique where you sew from corner to corner.  I really had to pay attention which way to sew, but I got it done without unsewing anything.  The block didn't turn out too bad tho and I'm liking it better today.

This bird has a critical eye on my non-matching point there, but I decided to leave it.  I'm learning that if I really want to get anything done sometimes I just need to sew and do it.   My striving for perfection or fear of failure is holding me back from just doing it.  I'm sure when I'm covered up on the couch I'll be reading or stitching and not checking my points.  This was the only sewing I got done yesterday, but I "enjoyed the process".

Not sure what today will bring.  We are taking the boat motor for a tune-up today or tomorrow.  If we go this afternoon, we can see Michelle's softball games tonight.  BUT DH is still trying to finish planting some wet areas in one field.  It looks like rain tonight, so he'll have to plant what he can today and leave the rest.  He was hoping for a couple more drying days before this rain. (not complaining about the rain tho--especially in July)  He is planting Sudan grass, which can be hayed or chopped with the corn that is in the rest of the field.  

I better go line up something for lunch.   Have a great day whatever you do!  Hugs..........

13 comments:

  1. Your block looks fine to me! And I agree...I don't waste time trying to be perfect with my sewing because it's just not gonna happen! I keep improving and that's all that matters! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the block is beautiful! Better to leave perfection up to God. He's the only one Who's mastered it. Happy Sewing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block is beautiful. I agree with you on perfection. I made some blocks with some family members this weekend. Nobody's was perfect, including mine, but all were beautiful. What is even more important, we had fun making them and sharing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there I am also doing a quilt along ,I like yours the block is a little more complicated than mine, I don't worry abouat things bieng perfect thats what makes it one of a kind, I love the little bird perched on the branch it is so cute.take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute block...just tell that lil bird to mind its own business! I don't see a non-matching point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty block and cool fabric. I say you are doing great, Janet. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your block looks great!

    I haven't started this one yet... I will have to "digest" the directions a bit... sounded complicated the first time I read them :)

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute block. Why do quilters point out all the flaws? Nobody would ever notice if we weren't so quick to explain our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Janet! I think your block looks great! And I didn't even notice that you had a non-matching point. I'm having to try to learn not to be such a perfectionist myself...it really drives me crazy! One of these days I'm going to realize that handmade things are rarely ever perfect...and that's what makes them so comforting and lovable! Just enjoy!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that block and the fabric, Janet. Nice job, my dear friend. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely block and fabric is gorgeous!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. The block is very pretty. I often find that after a struggle with a project it somehow looks much better the next morning.

    ReplyDelete