Friday, October 15, 2010

A Halloween Finish


I've been blanket stitching around my farm animals for the baby quilt whenever I havehad time this week.   I felt like I needed to make something quick and fun this afternoon.    I enjoyed the Fall-o-ween blog hop with all the wonderful free patterns.  I really liked this little runner by Gudrun.   I've never made Prairie points, so this was a new technique for me.   After I took the picture I decided to blanket stitch around the candy pieces.  It's nice to have a finish.  :)

We went to Pierre yesterday and I got my new glasses.  I can see again.  lol  It has really made a difference being able to see the 1/4 inch line on my machine again.  And I can read the newspaper too.

I can hardly believe tomorrow is Saturday already and October is half over.   We are going to start combining the corn tomorrow.  The weather has been beautiful this week.    We had to pull the well this morning and put in a new pump.  This well is for watering the cows when they come home later this month.  It was nice weather to get that job done. 

I'm headed to bed.  Good night.........................

6 comments:

  1. Hello Janet,

    Oh you made me smile, doing all this work without new glasses.You must see the difference now.Prairie points are a great way to use up pieces of your stash.
    Have a great weekend.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Fall-a-ween wall hanging.
    It great when you first get new glasses.
    I have only done prairie points once and they do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your runner is great and I specially love the border fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your runner, especially the purple spider web fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your prairie points look great--such a nice touch to the edge of your project. A little finish always gives me a boost of energy for those larger projects. Looking forward to seeing your farm blocks when they're all together.

    Glad you have your new glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your runner is wonderful! So festive and bright. I have yet to try prairie points - yours look perfect!

    ReplyDelete