Thursday, October 7, 2010

100 followers/giveaway

I broke 100--followers that is!!  So it's time for a giveaway.  There are so many going on, but I'm not waiting to have mine.  I'm giving away 2 quilt kits from Fabric Cafe.    The first one is titled Full Bloom.  It has 3 yards of material and a Pin Wheel pattern.  It is spring somewhere in blogland. 


The other kit is called Cool Breeze. There are 3 yards of material and the  pattern Through The Window.





This is an easy giveaway for all my followers--new and old.    Please leave a comment if you would like to win one of the kits.  I will draw the winners randomly on Sunday.


I had so much fun last night at Quilter's Corner.  We shopped, sewed, gabbed, ate, sewed, shopped and talked some more.   The twister is a cool new ruler.  The class was to make a table runner using charm squares and the ruler.    You sew the charms together and then use the ruler to cut new squares and sew them together to make blocks that look like pin wheels.  Very cute. 

BUT  I saw the cutest little purse made with charm squares.  I've made runners for myself and for gifts, but I've never made a "bag".  I've always wanted to, but just never jumped in and did it on my own.  The owner of the shop, Lori is such a honey.  She said "You can make the purse if you'd rather". I didn't want to be a pain, but she was so nice and I really did want to make the purse.



Isn't it the cutest thing?  Just a nice size.  I used Moda's Vine Creek charm squares.  It uses 17 charms for one bag, so I have enough charms to make a second one.  

This is the other side (not the other bag).  It was fun and easy.  I learned how to sew on the handles and add a magnetic closure too.  There are 4 pockets inside.  I really like it! 

 










Now I can share this with the other ladies at quilting group that didn't get to come or made the twister runner.  I bought interfacing and handles for a second bag.  My sister's birthday is in November, so I think this might be her gift.  I'll have to see what she comments on facebook after I put the photos up on there. 

I can't believe how time with fellow quilters can give me such a positive energy.  I am bursting with creative ideas.  I could hardly go to sleep last night--it might have been the diet Coke, tho.  lol

I never dreamed I'd have 100 followers in less than a year's time.  I'm sure not all 100 of you stop and read every time, but it fun to know that others have enjoyed by blog.  I have sure enjoyed getting to see your world and your quilt projects.  I hope you get to spend some time doing something you love today.

43 comments:

  1. Everytime I have a new follower I say to my hubby "Someone actually wants to read what I write and see what I make!" Congrats on 100!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric in those kits. In the dead of winter it'll be a reminder that spring will come eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And thanks for the chance to win one of those great little kits! Love the bag too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo Janet! Congratulations on 100 followers. I would love to win one of these cute little kits. Your purse is adorable. You did a great job, but be careful. Making bags is addictive. LOL Have a good day. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your milestone! Thanks for the chance to win some goodies:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, a hundred followers is quite a milestone and to have reached it in such a short time says something about the content of your blog.
    Congrats.
    Had dinner with a couple of my quilting pals last night and the time flies and I come home with my mind churning with new ideas from these gals. I love the smaller groups where more one-on-one conversations take place.
    I would really love to win either of your wonderful offerings.
    Your bag is a great size - not too large - not too small - just the size for carrying true essentials :*}

    Hugs,
    Gerry

    Now to check out the Twister rule - - - -

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your 100 followers! I always enjoy your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bag & would love one of the quilt kits! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great giveaways; love the bag!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Janet! It's a pleasure to follow your blog, thanks for a chance in your giveaway. Great bag, love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, those kits are great - you're very generous! And your bag is wonderful! It would be hard to part with - glad you have enough to make a second one! Lucky sister!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alrighty a giveaway!.....grin....congrats on your followers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for the 100 I say. :-)
    What a lovely idea for a giveaway.
    Can it be that I am number 13 down the list. Oh well.... do the purses come with a kitten ? :-)xxx
    Good luck on your giveaway :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cute bag and a nice giveaway too! Congratulations on your 100+ followers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to win! :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice giveaway. Congratulations on you number of followers! I want to be in on the fun please.

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course that's why I became a follower, so you'd have this giveaway. *L*

    Now - if only to win.

    Cute little purse, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your 100 followers....love your bag...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am a fairly new follower, only a few weeks, and every time your blog pops up on my blog roll, I stop by and read what you are up to. I like to see what you are making and I enjoy your kitty photos. That bag you made out of charms is very nice. I haven't seen one like that before. Great job. Gratz on the 100 followers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on cracking 100 followers. Thanks for the give away

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read quite regularly and enjoy your header pictures and stories of life in the country, as well as your quilts. Thanks for sharing. Now I want to make a bag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your bag
    Would love to enter your very generous giveaway
    Have been a follower for a while now
    It is spring here in Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do love your blog--Love being your follower and friend! Your bag is gorgeous. I didn't realize there was the HUGE giveaway going on when I started mine. I noticed you are getting even more followers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just reread your entry--Yes--do read each time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations on 100! Actually 102 now! lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on 100! (I think I was 100 :-) Whoohoo!) Love your bag! Have a happy afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations, Janet I would love to join your giveaway the fabric and pattern are so lovely. It is spring time here in Tasmania.

    ReplyDelete
  28. the fabrics are beautiful and your bag is so unusual and pretty. Is it a purchased pattern?
    I follow you on Google Reader, not sure if I do the other way. I have enjoyed your blog for several months.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations! And what a wonderful way to celebrate! Thank you for the chance to win such great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations! Love the fabric choices and patterns in your give away. Thanks for doing a give away.
    Is there a pattern for the bag that you bought or a pattern that came with the class? I would love to make the bag for some Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I believe that alot of us do read every day--we just don't always leave a comment--too tired to think or type sometimes--sorry!!!
    wow--100--way to go--next year you will be at 250 I bet--so keep on doing what you are doing--it's working!!!! Love both of those prizes--
    and I love love that purse--I have yet to sew on handles like yours or have not done the magnetic snap--even have one of those--still in the package!!!!
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  32. Here's to 100 more! Thanks for such a sweet giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Congrats on your milestone! I've enjoyed reading your posts sharing quilting adventures with you. I love your bag. Once you start making bags you'll become addictive to it! Thanks for the generous giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just wanted to send my congratulations your way for reaching the 100-follower milestone. That's a fabulous number to reach in less than a year.
    (Please don't enter my name in your generous giveaway. I win more than my share, and it's someone else's turn.)
    Cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on reaching a 100 followers. I think it is so exciting to know others are reading your blog. I am always so happy when a comment is left. I love the bag you made! Thanks for the give away. Nola

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yay you!!! Congrats on having others recognize what a wonderful blog you have! Thank you for the wonderful giveaway opportunity :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats!!! Great giveaway! I am now a follower! Thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Congratulations on reaching 100 followers! As for which kit I would select if I win - you choose. Your bag is absolutely adorable. Were the handles hard to sew on (was it by hand or machine)?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Congratulations on reaching 100! I'd love a chance to win one of your quilts if I'm not too late to enter. Being on vacation has put me way behind in reading my quilting blogs. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I've been reading your blog for a couple of months & I haven't become a follower. I will now, so you'll at least have 101. You are so nice to offer such a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations on 100 followers (now 107)!

    Your new bag looks wonderful. I bought some magnetic closures but I have not put them in a bag yet.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Cute bag. and congratulations on 100 followers.
    Very nice give away.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I thought I was a follower but apparently not. I am now. Love your bag. Is there a pattern?

    ReplyDelete