A big thank you to Linda for the wonderful Chocolate Chai and the new quilting book "Let's Do Lunch" by Terry Atkinson. I won these from Linda's birthday giveaway. I'm looking forward to making some of the bags and runners in this book. I haven't tried the Chai yet, but anything chocolate must be wonderful! Thanks so much Linda for your friendship and your prayers. You have been a special quilting blog friend to me.
Down on the Farm is sashed! I have a couple borders to put on yet. I'm still deciding colors for them and sizes. I'm using my stash! The baby due date is Halloween.
I made a few scrap blocks one day last week. I have been reading about crumbs and strips so much lately. I decided maybe I should start learning how to do this with my leftovers. I've been saving all these little pieces and have a couple containers. Sometimes they are nice to use for applique, but once you have more than one container full maybe it's time to do more with them. (I know that is a long incorrect sentence, but I blog how I talk--sorry. :) ) I decided I would make 6.5 inch blocks. As you can see some of these pieces are maybe too small. I'll have to be a little more choosy. Pleasant Home's Jodi is going to be doing a Sew Scraps Along and some people are giving away scraps too. I have plenty already. It will be fun to see what Jodi is going to do.
The weather has been just awesome for October here. Last year it was cold and we already had snow. This year it has been sunny and temperate. Rocco and I have been going on a daily walk. Sometimes we walk on the gravel road and sometimes we walk on the prairie road. We always have company--anywhere from 6 to 8 cats. I look like the Pied Piper only with cats. lol Rocco and the cats take turns running on ahead and then seeing, who can be the first to get back home. It makes me laugh.
I have quilting group tomorrow night in Highmore. We are going to be making pillow cases. The cases will be given to the FCCLA group as part of their Christmas Angel project. I haven't made any pillow cases and I think this will be a fun project for all of us. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm suppose to take the dessert. I'm still deciding what that is going to be.
I better get back to Down on the Farm before DH needs me for something. The corn combining was finished up yesterday. He is stacking bales today and moving them to the hay yard tomorrow.
This is post 99. :)




I'm sure you'll love the Let's Do Lunch book. I'm actually teaching the French Braid tablerunner out of it tonight. I've made almost every runner in the book. They are quick and easy.
ReplyDeleteOur cat loved to walk with us and our three dogs. But he was so darn slow! I stopped by because I saw your quilt on "What Bloggers are Blogging About" website and it's so cute. It really is inspiring me to get going on my own quilts. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the win and enjoy the book. It looks wonderful! I too write as I talk so it's lucky anyone can follow :). Nice scrappy blocks. You're right about the applique pieces ... I've lost count of how many buckets I have that are designated "applique scraps." Best be looking into Jodi's tips. lol Happy thoughts and warm hugs!
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome! Enjoy the projects! I absolutely love your "Down on the Farm" baby quilt. It will be truly loved!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time at your quilting group. I am looking for a local group.
Your farm quilt is just adorable. The blue is just perfect. I think green has to go somewhere in the border, it goes with the John Deere theme. Love the crumb bolcks, there is no such thing as a piece of fabric that is too small
ReplyDeleteThe little farm quilt is adorable! Good job, Janet. I love the picture of your "following" as you walk down the road. And it makes me feel so good that you are thinking of my granddaughter in Africa and following her blog. She is a very special young woman and it's kind of hard thinking of her so far away - but I know she is being watched over.
ReplyDeleteI love your "Down on the Farm" baby quilt! Great job!!
ReplyDeleteI am really in "love' with the baby farm quilt--it has truly turned out delightful!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the story about your walks!!
Hugs,Di
Janet,
ReplyDeleteYou are really going to enjoy the book. I have it and have made two of one of the bags.
Billie
Down on the Farm is adorable! I love the blue sashing. And one more post to the 100th milestone!
ReplyDeleteI like your farm quilt, I think the turkey is cute, with the "wheel" as feathers.
ReplyDeleteKATRIN W.
Your Down on the Farm quilt is wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI also love your Down on the Farm Quilt. It is adorable!
ReplyDeleteMicki
What an awesome place to get to walk each day... so lovely! And your company couldn't be better!
ReplyDelete