I've been out in the garden harvesting my bounty and cleaning off the mess for the coming winter season. For just a hill of each, I've scored big in the pumpkin and squash areas.
I have a thank you to post. I won a give away from Cyndi at Blue Bird Swing. It was like Christmas opening this sweet little package. I won 3 fq and a cute little Halloween treat bag. I love the variety of fqs. Sweet Cyndi also enclosed some lovely extras--note cards, note pad, sticky notes, key fob, 2 quilt labels and some wondeful Cadbury chocolate.
Thank you so much, Cyndi for a lovely win!!
I've been trying to work on the farm quilt here and there. It always surprises me how long it takes for me to fuse the blocks. I know things will go quicker after I get all the fabric decisions made. It's fun tho. I'm behind on my free motion quilting lessons. I hate to say it, but I'm looking forward to winter--not the snow, but some free time.
I am looking forward to this afternoon, too. Five of us are getting together at the Quilter's Corner in Faulkton to take a class. I'm not sure what it's all about--something to do with "Twister" blocks. I haven't seen some of these quilters since last spring, so there will be lots of catching up to do. We are ordering pizza for supper too. I'm glad my stomach is back to normal now. I'll have to share what I learn with you.
I've been enjoying the Fall-o-ween Hop. So many cute and fun fall patterns to make. I wish I had more time to sew.
We are still making hay for the cattle. The corn is getting dryer and hopefully we can get it combined before it snows. Last year we had to leave some in the field and combine it the next spring.
Peanut is headed out with her kids for a hunting lesson. She is such a good momma. She has finally weaned them, but she still washes them and plays with them.
Isn't this little one just the prettiest thing?
I need to get busy and organize my sewing supplies for class. Sorry so long inbetween blogs, how time flies. I have 99 followers--I can hardly believe that. I never dreamed I'd have so many. This is post 92. I see some giveaways in the future. :)









And guess who's 100! *S*
ReplyDeleteI've been following you in my reader, but that 99 thing just tempted me.
Great to see you buys Janet :-)
ReplyDeleteActually I just love to see your posts. Especially to see that Peanut and her clan are out and about.
Cute or cute !
They could be a heard of lions.
Congrats on your 100 :-) x x x
The chicken blocks are so cute. You do sound like you have a lot going on - guess no time for idleness when living on a farm.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful farm quilt you're working on, I would love to try quilting........maybe one day.
ReplyDeleteflorrie x
The farm quilt is so cute-- applique is such a fun way to play with lots of fabrics. I'm sure you will have more time to devote to your fabric after the harvest is done. That is definitely something to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteFall on a farm or ranch is such a busy, busy time, and congrat's on your win.
ReplyDeleteLove that little JD tractor block! It will be fun to watch your farm quilt grow.
I love the blocks for your farm quilt,they are just so darling. Your other blocks will probably be just as cute. I love seeing your harvest photos. Would you believe that I still have 6 watermelons in my garden. I am having a difficult time with yanking it out so I can start my winter garden. Oh well! I love watermelon in the Fall too!
ReplyDeleteThat IS the cutest little kitty and I love your "Down On The Farm" blocks! That's going to be one fun quilt!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your win.
ReplyDeleteI love your blocks, specially the tractor and am looking forward to hearing about your Twister class.
The chicken blocks are just so cute, and that kitty is adorable!
ReplyDeleteMicki
I love your farm quilt blocks!! Can't wait to see it when it is finished!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful landscape! and the little cats are lovely too; they are like one we had, his name was Dino like the Flinestones' pet, regards!
ReplyDelete