I started "Down On The Farm" today. I've had this book for a while. DH's nephew (who he shares a birthday with) and his wife are expecting a baby boy the end of October. This is such a cute pattern. I'm doing fusible. Some of the pieces are pretty small--it might be interesting to stitch around them.
I got three of them fused this afternoon. It takes me a while to pick fabric and build them. I'm finding out how unorganized my fat quarters are. I have them all in one cupboard and that doesn't work very well. As usual I have quite a mess on the bed. I plan to fuse all the blocks first, then I'll do the stitching all at once.
Look at that row of flying geese! That might take me a while. I've been known to avoid "geese". I'm hoping to make this quilt without buying any material. I'm really tempted to buy John Deere flannel for the back. Wouldn't that be cute?
I completed block #2 of Raggedy & friends yesterday. I almost have the stitching done for #3.
The ever favorite chair on the deck was full yesterday afternoon.
I'm feeling better today at last. I've never had a stomach upset for that long before. I'm the kind of person who can eat anything most of the time. On Thursday I totally lost my voice too. Now I'm dealing with a dry cough. Enough whining. lol
The weather has been beautiful here. No fall colors yet, because we haven't had the first frost yet. I need to pick my acorn squash and pumpkins--maybe tomorrow. Have a good week................





That's an adorable quilt pattern. I think John Deere on the back would be just the perfect touch.
ReplyDeleteHope you are soon feeling like your regular self- we have had lots of bugs here in our neck of the woods. We had had our first frost ( actually a few frosts as September was particularly cool) and the leaves are now turning gold. They won't last long- some have already started to fall.
ReplyDeleteWishing a beautiful fall with good weather to get all your crops off.
Love those Kittens,
Warmest regards,
Anna
Your baby quilt is going to be darling and your raggedy and friends looks great!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are starting to feel better! Cute pattern and love the blocks so far. Adorable kitties!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute quilt pattern. Bet you will have a lot of fun making it. Sorry you haven't been feeling good. Hate it when I get that cough.
ReplyDeleteStill love those adorable kitties! Nola
Boy you have been busy. Down on the farm will be a great quilt for a little man. Love all the cat sitting in a row
ReplyDeleteThe quilt looks just wonderful, any little boy would be thrilled with it.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better.
Down on the Farm is looking great. Love the pink pigs.
ReplyDeleteOh the kittens look so cute.I am pleased I do not live closer.
Pleased you are feeling better.
That quilt is going to be adorable and I love the idea of John Deere on the back.
ReplyDeleteThe weather here in TN has moderated finally and we have much cooler temperatures. I hope it lasts!
Feel better:)
Three little kittens...! That's a wonderful quilt pattern, Janet - it's going to be beautiful. Hope you feeling all better soon.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness..your kittens are just adorable. What is it about kittens that make our hearts melt? I just love 'em.
ReplyDeleteThe quilt blocks look great. I think you will have fun with the farm quilt.
The quilt is adorable! John Deere would be a perfect backing! Your three matching kitties are so cute. Glad to hear your tummy is better, now just get rid of the rest (my daughter has something similar)
ReplyDeleteThat is such a cute quilt, but no where do I see those adorable pigs.
ReplyDeleteI do believe you have a very "popular" chair on your deck!!!
ReplyDeleteyou quilts are looking great--
hope you are totally well by now--
Hugs, Di
Love the pics of your latest project. It will be adorable.
ReplyDeleteThere are some good tutes for flying geese online. Supposedly "easy" :)
I just want to squeeze those adorable kitties!
SheilaC
Hello Janet, Down Home on the Farm looks like it is going to be a great quilt. Those cute pigs are just too cute!!!
ReplyDeleteThose kittens know where the best spot in the house is.
Happy days.
Bev.xoxo
Keep on the "getting well" mode, Janet.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you DO keep busy with so many fun projects...animals - both REAL and Quilty ones.
That farm pattern is so cute, and it is going to be an adorable quilt. I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteMicki
Love the farm pattern. Geese are not hard..hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHope yu are feeling better. and I love the three tigers. Well not quite , they have an interesting look on their faces.
ReplyDeleteYou've found a cute pattern and have a good start on it. Selecting the fabric can be the most tedious part of a quilt like this. Using JD fabric on the back sounds like the perfect choice (from a gal who grew up on a farm with only green tractors., and who lived 20 miles from the Ertl toy company).
ReplyDeleteContinue to get well.
Oh those piggies are adorable! :-) Have you tried the no-waste flying geese method? I love it!
ReplyDeleteCute quilt..
ReplyDelete