Friday, September 17, 2010

It's a Finish!


It's finished!  I promise you won't have to see it again.  lol  As Terry would say "it's not perfect, but it's done".  Of course I had to free motion some of the backing to the back of the quilt, so I had to rip--that's pretty normal for me.  :)  Thank you to Red Pepper Quilts for helping me remember how to splice the binding together.  I also used Pat Sloan's method for machine binding.  I usually do mine by hand, but I know this will be used alot and washed many times, so I wanted something sturdy.  I think I will use it again on those quilts that are for everyday use.  I'm terrible about labeling my quilts, but I did do this one with the baby's name, birthdate, and weight.  I had a tussle with my printer.  It didn't want to use the fabric sheet, but I finally convinced it.  Michelle will be home for the engagement party this week-end and she will take the quilt to the new baby.    On to the next project!

It rained 3.55 in the last couple days.  This is the wettest year we have ever had.  DH hasn't been able to cut silage, so he went with me yesterday to take Rocco to the veterinary.  This is the 3rd vet.  He took Rocco's stitches out and said to give it time.  His eye is looking better.  Hopefully with more time and healing there will be a positive outcome.  The doctor thought there was some response to light.  Nerves take the longest time to heal.



Rocco has been a good patient.



I am in "fast" mode today.  The Wilson family will be here tonight for supper and the week-end.  I know the 3 kids will have fun with the kittens.  They also like to ride the 4-wheeler.   We don't have a 4 wheeler anymore, so I'm sure there will be some Rhino rides in the  UTV.  I'm decluttering, cleaning and changing bedding. 

Thank you everyone for the nice comments and encouragement in the making of Safari Star.  It was also good free motion practice.  I better get off the computer and on the vacuum.  Have a great week-end!

14 comments:

  1. Love your Safari Baby Quilt. Great to get it finished Janet.I always machine stitch my bindings as they are quicker and as you say stronger.
    Hope Rocco continues to heal and does get his sight back.
    Enjoy your Wilson visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! Congrats on getting it finished! And are you quoting me, or is there another Terry out there that thinks the same way I do? Now that's a scary thought! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt! I am also so happy that you dog is feeling better.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. I know the happiness and relief that is felt when a quilt is finally finished. I'm glad to hear that Rocco is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wooho0! Nothing is better than a finish. Nobody but you will ever look for the little imperfections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Safari Star quilt turned out wonderfully and I certainly don't mind looking at it! :o) So glad to hear that Rocco is doing better and that the Vet thinks there may be improvement. He's such a sweetie and I sure hope the best for him!

    Enjoy your weekend with your friends, and I hope you have some dry weather! You can send the rain our way...we really need it!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a terrific weekend- I am sure the Wilson children will love your kittens-
    Seems there is lots of water this year- most of the gardens are not great and the weather is unseasonably cool. Lots of people had
    getting their crops in, never mind off.
    Your quilt turned out very well- it is the perfect baby quilt- such lovely and bright colors.
    Have a good weekend- I plan to lay low and nurse this cold.
    Warmest regards,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Janet,

    Glad to see Rocco is improving. Love the finished quilt,so lovely and bright. Please don't spend to much time with that vacuum cleaner.There are far better things to be doing!!
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the quilt looks great! That bright yellow is my favorite part :)

    Rocco's eye is looking better....is he adjusting okay?

    We have had some rain here, but not nearly as much as you. Hope things will dry out so you can finish up in the fields.

    SheilaC

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janet, your quilt turned out wonderful. That baby will love it. So glad Rocco is doing better. He just has the kind of face that makes me smile when you post a picture of him. Have fun tonight. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good news about Rocco! Your quilt looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quilt looks great and Rocco looking better keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a cute quilt and I know the baby will enjoy it for years! Glad to see Rocco is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete