What a crazy couple weeks! Of course, being gone and coming home and getting sick have made things all pile up. I am knee deep in cucumbers and tomatoes, which is a good thing. You can see by the header the hot temperatures and high winds have dried the corn out badly. I was all set for a grateful post about good health on Monday and it's Friday already. Wow! So................................
I have been fortunate since retirement to not be exposed to the daily germs of working with the public. Although I've never been a sickly person, I think I caught my fair share of the common bugs each year. I haven't been sick for quite sometime. I'm not sure what I picked up between FL and SD, but it layed me pretty low for longer than usual. I spent a few days acting like it was nothing and trying to get things done. Finally I slept most of Saturday and Sunday and was a new person by Tuesday. I think I need to have this happen to remind me how blessed I am with good health. I also need to renew my prayers for those that struggle daily to live their lives while living with illness or fighting illness.
Rocco is feeling better today. I won't go into great detail, but it was a traumatic day for all of us on Wednesday. As I said before it could have been much worse. Time will tell how things turn out, but I know Rocco can live a wonderful life with one eye too. He is doing well with his medications and resting alot. He is of course pretty timid right now. Michelle doesn't have to work this week-end, so she's coming home for the long week-end. That will make Rocco feel better and all of us too.
Have you been over to Kaaren's for the First Friday Freebie this morning? She has given us a wonderful pattern for a fall wall hanging. It is so cute! Fall is on it's way. It was 44 degrees here this morning. Just a taste of what's to come. After the hot, dry, windy days of last week it felt rather good, but I'm not looking forward to a steady diet of it.
Just a quick post right now................I hope to have more time later to catch up with you all. Thanks for all your prayers and support for Rocco and us!! It has helped so much. Hugs Janet
Good thots for Rocco from Chicago - and a little Goddess dust too. *tossing it into the wind*
ReplyDeleteWelcome home...take care of yourself and good thoughts for Rocco from Montana. God Bless you all!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Rocco is on the mend, poor thing.Lots of love will do wonders. We had a dog that lost an eye after a tussle with a raccoon, he was okay and lived a good long life. Amen, to being thankful for good health, glad your feeling better, Janet.
ReplyDeleteSometimes an illness is a subtle reminder that we need to slow down for a bit. Glad you had the chance to catch up on some rest and are feeling better now. Nothing reminds us how important our good health is until it is gone for a bit. Best thoughts to Rocco on his recovery. Hope you have few minutes to sew a bit on the holiday weekend. Are you planning on making the fall wall hanging?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are feeling much better again! And so nice to hear that your little doggie is getting along much better. He has a wonderful home and great people to love and care for him. Hope your weekend is fun! Carol
ReplyDeleteI am sooo glad everyone is feeling better now!!!
ReplyDeleteairplanes are noted for making you sick--as the air in them is recycled--so if just one person is sick on it--every body gets sick--I also learned NOT to drink from any of the water fountains in the air ports--I always got sick there too!!!
Give Rocco and the kittens a hug for me--
Hugs to you toooo--
Di
Janet, I am so glad you are feeling better and Rocco is recovering. I still feel so bad for the cute little guy. Thanks for reminding us about Kaaren's FFF. I have been busy today. Just now getting online. I had forgotten. I am off to see it. Have a good weekend. Winona
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that you are feeling better now!! And I hope that Rocco is doing better, too! Hopefully, he will return to his normal nature with the family. I'm sure that you will all make him feel safe and that will help tremendously! I always hate to hear of dog attacks and injuries. Please try and enjoy your weekend!!!
ReplyDeletePleased you are feeling better janet and that Rocco is on the mend.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about the time flying by. I can't believe it is September already.
Enjoy your weekend with Michelle.
I am so sorry to hear about Rocco!!! Poor little guy, no wonder he is feeling out of sorts.
ReplyDeleteI know you will shower him with lots of love and patience while he gets used to his new vision abilities.
With your help he should be able to get back to his old self in no time.
I am so happy it wasn't worse and that you and your family are all doing better today too.
hugs
SHeilaC
Janet, I too enjoy good health, but honestly every time I fly I get some type of "bug"! Planes just aren't the best place to be to avoid germs! But I'm glad that you are feeling much better, and that Rocco is, too. Poor little fellow...I'm still praying for the best outcome for him!
ReplyDeleteXOXO,
Cyndi