DH is cutting silage at the cousins, so he will be gone during the day this week. This means a whole day of uninterrupted time and no stopping for cooking lunch. I have so much to do, but my number one project is to get Safari Star quilted and finished, so Michelle can give it to her friend.
The biggest clear space in my house is the kitchen/dining table. I have an audio book,
"The Three Weissmanns of Westport by Cathleen Schine, safety pins, Kwik Klip and Diet Mountain Dew--I'm ready to start the sandwich process.
Ok, now what?
On each fussy cut animal block I did free motion. You will have to enlarge the photo to see. It really made the animals pop out and emphasized the leafy jungle background. I used gray thread and I like how they turned out.
I did a little curvy line in the small border. I'm really proud of my corners--please enlarge and check that out. :)
I had to stop and waterproof the deck about 3:00 pm. It was time for a quilting break anyway. I wanted to get the deck done for winter season and it's suppose to rain on Wednesday. The waterproofer is suppose to dry for 2 days. I was worried about keeping the kittens off while I was working, but the smell repelled them and they went and took their naps. Rocco and I took a walk down the road and picked up the mail. The temperatures have been so nice that he and I have walked the last 2 days. I also made Beef Stew for supper, so it could be eaten anytime. It's hard to tell when DH would be home.
All I have left on the quilt is the bigger outside borders to do today. I was even dreaming about them last night. I think I'm just going to stipple around the animals and not do so much close free motion. I want the quilt to be soft for the baby and not so stiffly quilted. I have read that the quilting needs to be uniform. This quilt isn't uniformly quilted. What do you think? Is that going to be ok? Usually I just straight line quilt, so I've never had to worry about uniformity of quilting.
Peanut spent alot of time in the house yesterday. She wanted to be close to me, so she slept on the kitchen floor. The kittens are 10 weeks old and maybe she is starting the weaning process. She eats constantly poor thing. The kittens are eating kitten chow, but they still want their mama too.
I better get to quilting, so I can do the binding next. I am hand stitching my Raggedy blocks at night. Jen and I are addicted to Scrabble on Facebook. We play a game every night. It helps me feel connected to her too. We share that time together every day.
We have company coming this week-end, so the rest of the week will be cleaning and putting away the quilting stuff. Have a good day!!






Looking really good Janet. It will be just fine for the baby. I can feel peanut's pain. When it is time for the kids to go, it is time. LOL However, I can't believe it is already 10 weeks.
ReplyDeleteYour quilting looks great. About the same amount over the whole surface of the quilt. Those little curves in the corner did turn out just perfect, didn't they? The quilt turned out so cute, such bright and happy colors -- just right for a baby.
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute quilt and your corners are great! Lucky baby!
ReplyDeleteYour quilting is looking wonderful. I think your quilting plan will work just fine. I agree that baby quilts should not be quilted so densely that they aren't soft anymore. I can't wait to see your finished product!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful vibrant colours. You should make your quilt as you think it should be done. I think I would make it soft.
ReplyDeleteAs for Peanut, she looks as if she could do with a rest. Her own fault for sneaking around at night. :-) Give her a big cuddle from me :-) x x x
The basting is my hard part, but you make it look easy. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI think you quilt is wonderful. And I'm envious of fmq - I always do straight line quilting. You should always do what feels right to you, and you certainly don't want a stiff quilt. I think that is what keeps me from doing stippling.
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is lovely and I think the quilting you are doing on it will be perfect
ReplyDeleteCute quilt and a great job!!!
ReplyDeletePoor Peanut---she loves her baby's--yet she knows it's time to stop and she is so tired---so you need to give her lots of extra loving--Mom!!!
How is Rocco (the dog) doing??? is he all healed now!!!!
Hugs, to all- Di
Janet, that quilt is so cool and I think you are doing a wonderful job on the quilting! That quilt is going to be loved!
ReplyDeleteAw, Peanut looks so precious. She just needed a "kid-free zone" for a little while! :o)
XOXO,
Cyndi
P.S. I meant to ask...how is Rocco's eye injury coming along?
You have done a great job on your quilt. You are getting your quilting down pat great work
ReplyDeleteYour quilting looks great, and as long as the density of your stitching is about the same all over the quilt, it's just fine. Isolated, random areas of close, tight stitching would pull the fabric together differently, and that wouldn't be good. Stitching with big, open spaces in some areas and all stitching close together in other areas -- not good.
ReplyDeleteThis bright, fun quilt is going to be well loved. Well done, you busy lady!
Your quilting is looking good!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt looks great and your quilting is brilliant. I know "they" say you should have an even amount of quilting everywhere, but "they" aren't always right. Go with what your instincts tell you.
ReplyDeleteWOW you are doing so well with your quilting . Love your curves.
ReplyDeleteLooks like Peanut likes to escape from her babies.
Nice to play scrabble with Jen.
Love the quilt - such fun colors and animals. How nice that you have some time to yourself to quilt.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a wonderful job on your quilt! And you get so much done in a day - I so admire you. Anymore, I seem to fiddle lots of time away but I am thinking that comes with age! I know I used to accomplish a lot in a day - guess the good Lord slows you down a bit as you get older. Not complaining, though, since I do get things done that I like to do!! Want you to know I love the pictures of the wide open skies that you have in your header. There is beauty everywhere. Carol
ReplyDeleteJanet, you are doing a great job quilting this quilt. It will be well loved. Love the picture of Peanut all stretched out. How is little Rocco doing? Has he recovered? Have a wonderful day. Winona
ReplyDeleteYour quilting looks great!! Give yourself a big pat on the back! :)
ReplyDeleteI did check out your corners and they rock! Your doing really well on the quilt and the uniformity thing is so that it doesn't get distorted. I like to put the ironing board on the left side of me to help hold up the quilt, works well I must say. I think it looks fabulous and soft.
ReplyDelete