Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Love To Read Give Away

THIS GIVE AWAY IS CLOSED.  Winners will be announced tomorrow, Saturday 3/19

Reading is one of  my favorite things to do.  I also like to listen to audio books when I sew.  I have good memories of my daughters reading to me in the car.  The long trip to town every morning was made much more enjoyable with books.  The girls both became very good readers.  I switched to audio books when my readers graduated.  I have been doing some reading to rest my arm from stitching.  These are quick and fun reading books.

This first book was sent to me from Linda.  She told me to pass it on and I am.  Many of you may have already read some of Jennifer Chiaverini's books.  This was my first one and I really enjoyed it.  I need to get some more Elm Creek books.  Thank you Linda for sharing!!



I liked Girl in Translation by Jean Kwok.   I was hoping this girl would make the right decisions.  I'm not a book critic.  I choose a book and read it for the pure joy of reading.  It was a good read.




The last book in the give away is Rainwater by Sandra Brown.    I think this is the best Sandra Brown book I've read.  I really liked the ending.  : )


If you like to read, please leave a comment telling me which book you would like to read.  I will draw 3 readers on Friday, March 18th.  

33 comments:

  1. Hello Janet,

    Its great to see what other people are reading. I think "Rainwater" is the one I would love to read then pass on.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I love to read and this is a very difficult choice because I don't think I've read anything by any of these three authors. I think I would pick the Elm Creek book first, just cause I'd like to read one of them and try them out. Then Rainwater second, cause I like the cover photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd chose the Sandra Brown book. I haven't read anything by her in a while but I remember that when she's on her game they are hard books to put down. Thanks for the giveaway, they are always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would chose Rainwater. Thanks for passing on good reads!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I chose The Quilters apprentice as I have not read any of Jennifer's books.
    Thank you for a chance to win a lovley book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read all of the Elm Creek books and loved them all. I have also read at least one by Sandra Brown and have more on my wish list, so that is the one I'd choose. I hope your arm/shoulder is getting better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since I read "The Quilter's Apprentice" I have read several more of the series. So far my favorite was,"The Quilter's Legacy."
    If I would be one of the lucky winners, I have never read a Sandra Brown's book, I would like to try "Rainwater."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like toi read The Quilter's Apprentice. If that is taken I would choose Rainwater.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have read everyone of Jennifer Chiaverini's book and have loved them. So, if I'm lucky enough to selected as one of the winners I would like the Sandra Brown book "Rainwater". Thanks for the opportunity to enter your great giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet! I also love to read and have not read any of these books or authors. So if I was to win, any of them would be fine with me. Thank you for a fun give away and the chance to participate!
    And I hope that your arm is much better soon!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to read, too! I'd love to read Rainwater by Sandra Brown. It looks very interesting! What a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love to read too! :-) I think I'd choose Rainwater~ looks like a great read! Thanks for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Jennifer Chiaverini books! I'm reading her newest one right now! I think I'd pick Rainwater. Thanks so much! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Memories......

    Rainwater would be my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love to read Rainwater is my choice as I've read the other two thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am currently reading Jennifer Chiaverini's newest book, "Union Quilters." It is set in the Civil War so is early Elm Creek. This has been a great series of books: I have looked forward to each one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sheesh! All three books sound interesting and I have not read any of them. I would choose Rainwater. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never read any of Jennifer Chiaverini's books and would love to pick that one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just reading the above comments left me curious and very interested on them all! I'd choose The Quilter's Legacy to start with. Thanks
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love to read Girl in Translation or Rainwater. I've read Jennifer's books and love them, I have two that I just got from the library and am so excited about them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have heard so much about Jennifer Chiaverini's books so would love to read that one. Not sure if you will send to France but I am entering just in case. Thanks Linda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would love to read "The Quilter's Apprentice." What a lovely giveaway! Thanks for the opportunity to win.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I don't like to read. I LOVE to read. I think my favorite in your listing would be Rainwater. My next would be Jennifer Chiaverini's book. dmj53(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would so much love to read the Elm Creek book. I have heard many people say that these are wonderful books - I'd like to read it and pass it on.
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just like to visit and read your blog :-)

    See that the snow is slowly melting......
    That will please Peanut and her clan.

    I would like to bet that it was as cold on Dartmoor yesterday as it is at Janet's place :-) It was cold. Cold enough to think my nose and ears had fallen off. :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to read the Sandra Brown book. I love The Quilter's Apprentice. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have read The Quilter's Apprentice so I would love to win either of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to read the Sandra Brown book. I've read all the J. Chiaverini books up to the latest one and thoroughly enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi, I also love to read, quilt and watch my grandkids grow!! I have read 15 of Jennifer Chiaverint's books all very good. So I think the Sandra Brown book I like her too. I just finished Spoken from the heart by First Lady Laura Bush. Very interesting things about her life, the White House, and her years there. Now I am reading I Am hutterite by Mary Ann Kirkby. I also have a blog http://jmfbetterthanideserve.blogspot.com if you care to check it out someday.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love to read also! I have read The Quilter's Apprentice, but would be happy to have either of the other two books.

    Thanks so much for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I would love the 2nd or 3rd book! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hey, Janet, it wouldn't really matter to me since I haven't read any of these books, but since I need to choose, it would be Rainwater. I am a fan of Sandra Brown. Hope you are having a beautiful day. It is supposed to be in the upper 70's this afternoon, but then rain coming in. Oh well, we are getting closer to spring all the time. Happy St. Patrick's Day. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  33. I absolutely love reading. Jennifer's book or Sandra's would be wonderful! I am an avid reader so all of them would be so welcome!
    micki

    ReplyDelete