Friday, June 18, 2010

Class of '70

My class of 1970 is having a 40 year reunion Saturday night.  Talk about time flying by--40 years--impossible!  Senior pictures were alot easier to take back then.  You wore a sweater and got your hair done at the beauty shop.  The photographer came for the day and the seniors all had their pictures taken that day.  You were allowed 3 poses.  I wore a sweater I had received at Christmas and saved for this day 4 months later.  It was the 3rd time I had ever been to a beauty shop.  I'm surprised my hair survived all the hair cuts and home perms my mother (sweet woman) performed on me.  My parents bought 1- 8 x 10 and 12 wallets.  I sent the wallets into a magazine ad and had copies made of the wallets to give to my friends.

This is all alittle different from my daughters' experiences.  They spent 1/2 a day at the photographer and changed clothes multiple times.  Photos were shot with multiple backgrounds inside and outside.  There were probably a hundred proofs to pick from.  I spent way too much money and ordered alot of pictures.  I have beautiful photos of them and I'm so glad we did it. 

I'm looking forward to the reunion.  Two of my classmates live in Texas now and I haven't seen them for years.  They got together and are driving up.  What a wonderful trip for them--extra reunion time on the way.  It is so nice that they are making the extra effort to get here.  It should be a fun evening.

What am I doing up at 4:30 am?  Migraine.  Just waiting for the "pill" to kick in, so I can sleep again.  It is an excellent time to post without an interruption from DH.    lol   Hugs.............................

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love reunions
    You will have so much fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now how you fill I get Migraine to but i would not be able to go on my computer with on. I would be to busy bing sick. But I have got special medication for my migraine now and I have been so good. I hope you a got time at your 40 year reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a cutie, Janet! Just one year behind my daughter in school. I gave her a few perms and did lots of cutting of her bangs. I maintain that gals my age are "victims" of Shirley Temple curls and were of the mindset that everyone had to have curly hair. Enjoy your reunion and seeing all your old friends and classmates. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely school photo Janet. Have a great timeat your reunion.

    Hope your migraine has gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute picture, I just did the same thing for my son. The photographer told him he was the easiest senior, he only had on change, went from a white shirt to a blue one. Have fun at your reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely school pic! I really hope you enjoy your reunion tomorrow. Waiting to hear about it!
    Hugs
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture of you my friend! You have such a great smile!
    I know you will have a wonderful time at your reunion and yes...time keeps going by faster and faster.
    Sorry about your migraine. I can totally relate.
    Hugs for your head.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janet,
    I smiled as I read your post. Lots of memories. I graduated in '69---"No Class Will Ever Shine Like the Class of '68" I wore a white blouse--the pictures were not in color--They were painted by someone over the photo. I did the same thing with my boys graduation pictures.
    Have a great time at your reunion!
    I hope you are feeling much better!
    Hugs back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a great time. My '30' is next year, and I agree. How is it possible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ciao Janet!
    Il tuo blog è molto bello!!!!
    Complimenti!

    Baci dall'Italia
    Cristina&Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your great smile has not changed in the years since high school. I can relate to the comments about how senior photo sessions have changed. I'd forgotten about ordering more from the back of one of my teen magazines. How thrifty we were!

    I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time at your reunion. Events from then are some of my favorite memories, or maybe they just improved with time. Sometimes it really does seem like I was just there yesterday.

    ReplyDelete