Last week I wanted to share with you our little cemetery. It is about 4 miles from our house. DH's grandparents and parents are buried there. It looks so nice all cleaned up for Memorial Day. The first clean up before Memorial Day is a community effort, then a local, retired woman mows it periodically through the summer.
The flag pole was placed at the cemetery by DH and his siblings in memory of their grandfather. We take the flag over early on Memorial Day to put it up. I had taken Jen to the airport, so I didn't get a photo with the flag flying and I forgot the camera when we went over to take it down.
We had a busy week with Jen home. Her good friend, Leah had a new baby girl 2 months ago. Leah and Britton Kay came to visit us for the day on Thursday. We had fun holding her and the girls got caught up on all their friends. Look at all that hair!! It was so much fun to hold a baby. You forget how small and sweet they are. I teased Jen that she was a natural at this baby stuff. I continue to pray for a wonderful match for her.
The wedding was beautiful and the rain held off until evening.

Jen pinned on flowers and Michelle was at the punchbowl. I helped with serving at the buffet table. I thought I had someone take a family shot on my camera, I'll have to get one from the girls. I didn't have much time to take pictures. DH's oldest sister, her son and two granddaughters stayed with us over the week-end too.
Stasha (13) and Tanlynn (4) were dressed in pink. They liked the nut cups shaped like cowboy boots. I wish I had gotten some more photos taken of the decorations. It was a western theme.
I borrowed these from the my SIL's facebook photos. They won't enlarge for you, but it gives you an idea of the west idea.
It was also my BIL, Tom's birthday. We sang Happy Birthday to him and some of the younger relatives layed some red lips on him as he came back in from the restroom. He was a good sport about it.
We are off to a funeral this afternoon. A very nice man who lived a long and happy life to the age of 93.
I'll be back later.......with luck. :) Hugs........................................








Looks like you had a great weekend. I would like to pass along a Kreativ Blogger award that someone gave me. I so enjoy your blog and commenting back and forth with you. The info is on my blog, but please don't feel obligated to do anything. Some bloggers would rather not take part. Carol
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good weekend, and the western theme at the wedding looks fun! Your family sure are 'lookers' and such smiles!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful weekend! I will continue to hold Jen in prayer! I have told each of my DIL's that I prayed for them from the day my sons were born. So I will pray for the man that God has for Jen.
ReplyDelete