Monday, May 31, 2010

We Will Never Forget


This is a photo of my uncle Bill, who I never got to meet.  Lt. William H. Stimson was reported missing in action October 11, l944.  My Mom's older brother was a fighter pilot and his plane went down over the Pacific Ocean.   We all pause this Memorial Day to remember "freedom isn't free" and we honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.  I pray daily for our soldiers, who currently serve all over the world and the families who support them here at home.

 I'll be back blogging tomorrow.  We had a wonderful time with family this week-end.  The wedding was beautiful.  All of DH's eight siblings were able to be there and get a family photo taken.  Jen  flew home today.   AND I am exhausted--sleeping was not one of our activities.  Laundry and cleaning tomorrow.  :(   Hugs.....................

2 comments:

  1. So pleased you had a wonderful time with all the family. Can do laundry and cleaning anytime.
    Hugz
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to your uncle. "Lest We Forget" - this is a saying that goes with commemorating our fallen soldiers on Anzac Day, to acknowledge the sacrifices made so that we can live the lives we live.

    ReplyDelete