She was a young widow with 2 children when she married my Dad. She had always been a city girl and married a farmer. I am the oldest of their 3 children. My mom was a wonderful example of strength and love. I get my faith from her and her ability to go with the flow. "This too shall pass" she often told me. The only thing I really saw her get upset about was storms of the natural kind. I hated going to the cave--damp and sometimes salamanders. ick
Her sweet smile never changed. This is a picture of her at her 80th birthday party. She had alot of health problems in her later years, but it was her goal to live to be 80. She was healthy and having a good day for her party. I'm thankful for all she taught me--to love, to believe, to cook, to sew, to garden and so many more things. She was a wonderful Mom and I miss her, but she still is with me in so many ways.
I was married for 9 years before God blessed us with the miracle of children. This is one of my few and favorite pictures of my girls and I. I took alot of pictures of them, but I'm not in very many of them.
I'm so thankful everyday for being a mom. My daughters are the best things in my life. When all 4 of us are together it's magic. I am so proud of them and what wonderful young women they have become.
DD1, Michelle has to work today from 6-2 and then will be coming home for an overnight. I received a lovely card from DD2, Jennifer and I know she will be calling me later today. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day with your family. Hugs...........




What a sweet tribute to your Mom. I love the pictures you shared. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteYour Mum had a lovely smile like you have too as do your daughters.
ReplyDeletethank you for sharing, have a great day.
Happy Mother's Day- You have a beautiful family- Like you, we were married for 7 years before our son was born. He is now 22 and a wonderful young man.
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous day with your daughter. I will be calling my mom later today. I took her flowers when I was home last time and will do something for her next time I am home.
Warmest regards,
Anna
What a beautiful family of woman, Janet. Oh, to go back and get to spend just a day with our dear sweet mothers when they were young. To listen to their dreams and hear their thoughts on life at that time. Happy Mother's Day to you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet post, Janet. You have a beautiful family - there is just nothing like being with the ones you love. Your daughters are beauties! My dear Mom has been gone for a long, long time, but it is still nice to think of her. I think that putting up pictures of her family on my blogs has just made me think s much about her life, and I realize it was not an easy one especially when I was growing up - but still it was a good, loving, family life. I was with my entire family last weekend at Hannah's graduation and will be with my daughter, her DH and Hannah this evening. My son is in KC and is with his other mother who was widowed last year. Happy Mother's Day, Janet!! Carol
ReplyDeleteYou had a beautiful mother and have beautiful daughters. Thanks for sharing the photos and some family stories. Happy Mother's Day to you, Janet.
ReplyDeleteA wonderful tribute to your mum and daughters. Hope you have a lovely Mothers Day.
ReplyDeleteLovely that you visited my blog
ReplyDeleteHave just been reading your blog
It brought back so many memories of when we were farming for "real" Now it is just a sideline We have a sharefarmer on the Dairy farm and hubby runs a few angus on our small acreage where we live now
Lovely photos of your Mum and your girls....
ReplyDeleteHope you have had a lovely Mothers Day.
Family is so precious..
Julia ♥
A beautiful post about your Mom and daughters. I still have my Mom, but her health isn't good. I don't even want to think beyond today. I treasure her so much. Thank you for stopping by my blog Janet. Happy Mother's Day to you~
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing your stories.
ReplyDelete