It has been a cold and rainy 4 days. We got 4.8 inches of lovely, slow rain. I don't think it's ever rained 4 days in a row in South Dakota. Yesterday I made a much needed run to town for supplies. We were out of potatoes and milk. I can always bake bread, but potatoes and milk are necessities of life for DH. I have been working on my mini swap quilt here and there. I wanted to see if I could find a little "something something" to add to the packet. SO I stopped in at The Fabric Inn. I blame it on the weather!!!...... I bought a few things. They had a sale table--$2.99 a yard so I bought this:
I'm not sure how true the colors are going to be on these pictures. This is 6 yards of light green background and pinky purple flowers. I needed backing for my pinwheel quilt. This should do nicely.
I'm going to add some more pink to my pinwheels, so this had to be added. There was only 1.75 left on the bolt, so I had to buy it all. Didn't I have to?
And I thought this was just so pretty, so I bought it too. It's only $2.99 a yard!! I had to have it. I liked it.
Such pretty colors, feathers of teal, purple and gray on a black background. It just seems to glow. 3 yards. It was calling my name--take me home, take me home. I tried, I couldn't resist.
Ok, now this wasn't on the $2.99 table, but it was 25% off. It looked more purple under their lights. I was thinking pinwheel quilt again, but it really was the butterflies that cinched it. I love butterflies! I was speculating about adding borders. :) So I had to buy 3 yards of this. If it doesn't make it to the border, I really do like it and will just love looking at it until something else comes up to use it.
I have been saving the patterns for the embroidered baby quilt blocks over at Cori Blunt's blog Creativity Amongst Chaos. There is a new block every week. I wanted something to make the background squares for a girl baby. I just bought a yard of this, but it was 25% OFF.
It has little pink flowers that I hope will work with the embroidery designs. I still blame the weather. My defenses were down after days of gray, cloudy, cold and wet weather. I needed a little sunshine--it came in a fabric purchase. Oh, I feel so much better!
I finished up my other shopping and layed in supplies for another week. As I was heading home, the clouds started to break up.






I won't tell hubby about the "detour" you made while getting potatoes and milk..LOL And what a great detour it was !!
ReplyDeleteI CAN see a patch of clear in yoru photo. Looks like better weather is on its way to you.
I'm glad you had a good trip in to town and that you found such really nice goodies at the quilt shop. I absolutely believe that fabric does ask us to take it home to live with us! Even if you don't use it for a long, long time, it will not rot and is there when we decide to use it. Your picture of the clouds parting in the sky is beautiful!! Hugs back to you, Carol
ReplyDeleteGreat fabric choices! At $2.99/yd, I don't think I would have stopped at 3 yards for that feather fabric. It's gorgeous and in my colors!
ReplyDeleteThe feather fabric is magnificent as is the gorgeous butterfly fabric. The second flower one has some great potential. You had a great trip to town - your fabric choices were terrific. What great finds.
ReplyDeleteWarmest regards,
Anna
A fellow quilting rancher! I knew there must be a few of us out there! Sounds like you have a wonderful shop in your area - your fabric selections are lovely - and on sale! At those prices, it would probably be worth a drive cross country to shop there! I'm glad I'm not the only one who will admit that fabric talks to me! I'm looking forward to seeing them in quilts!
ReplyDeleteOh my what a great lot of bargains, OF course you just HAD to buy it. Beautiful eye candy Janet.
ReplyDeleteWill look at the baby patterns you are doing as you never know when a wee quilt is needed.
Yep can see your bit of blue ski.
Have a great Weekend
What could be better than a little retail fabric therapy on a dreary day. I guess it did the trick if the sun came out again as you headed home. Now to see what it will all turn into.....
ReplyDeleteYep, milk, potatoes and fabric...what more does a girl need? You did good!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining my blog. Last week we had alot of rain here in WV too. We did not get flooded but some friends did.
ReplyDeleteI love that fabric you bought. As soon as my hand heals up I am going to try and do some sewing. I have not done any quilts yet. I have some other projects to get done.
Willow
Some lovely fabrics there and who could resist at such a great price.
ReplyDelete