Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Mini In The Mail
I put the mini quilt in the mail today. It was nice to get it all packaged up and sent off. I'm glad I did the swap. Now I'm looking forward to getting something in the mail myself.
Sorry for the off center picture--I didn't want you to see the mess on the other side. I'm so far behind, but the light is at the end of the tunnel--the calving tunnel that is. We have about 30 moms left. The neighbors that plant our corn came this afternoon, so DH is out of my hair. He is helping them, so I don't need to help him. Sooooo am I cleaning? No...............
I quickly escaped to the sewing machine and stitched up my Jelly Roll Sampler block.
It took me awhile to pick out the fabric I wanted to use, so I had good contrast. I really like it now that it is done. I have learned from some of my earlier projects that contrast is an important element. Contrast is what makes a successful project "pop". Sometime I'm lucky and get it right.
I have alot to look forward to. DD 2 is flying in next week for the Memorial week-end wedding on DH's side of the family. DD 1 has taken a few days off too, so we can really enjoy family time. This means: the sewing room needs to be a bedroom. I thought I had another week to accomplish this, but last night DH invited his sister, her husband and DH's brother for the week-end. The neighbors are having a machinery auction and of course, the llamas need shearing. So cleaning and extra cooking are on my schedule. If I didn't like the in-laws so much, I'd complain. It will be fun to have them here. I just won't have time to sew or do any extra organizing.
I know from experience it will all get done or enough of it to be ok. And after all it's family, so no pressure to impress. My timer for the buns is ringing, so I better make sandwiches for the field. Hugs..................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Your mini quilt is so pretty!! I giggled when you said you took it off center to not see the "mess". Honey, we all have them!! The new piece your are starting is smashing. I am so glad you will have your family all together again at one time. What is so great is when the whole family enjoys being together and looks it so much. You are right - get done what you can, what you don't get done doesn't matter! Hugs back to you! Carol
ReplyDeleteYour mini quilt is gorgeous! Sounds like you have a busy couple of weeks ahead of you. Have fun with your family.
ReplyDeleteI laughed and nodded in agreement when reading that you had some time to yourself, and instead of cleaning, you escaped to do a little quilting. Me too! Taking time for a bit of quilting lowers my blood pressure, puts a smile back on my face, and helps me face that unavoidable (shudder) cleaning that comes before company.
ReplyDeleteWe have company Memorial Day weekend too--for 3-1/2 days -- and no preparation is ever enough for an overly critical, eyebrow raising DIL, but it too shall pass.
Enjoy your company! I'll enjoy 80% of mine!
Why can't you give your guests sleeping bags in the calving tunnel?
ReplyDeleteYour embroidered mini is so pretty, I hope you get something really nice in return! And I'd say you got the colours right in the pieced square, its really attractive.
I hope you get to enjoy your guests and sit to chat too!
Your mini quilt is just lovely! You have been a busy lady!
ReplyDeleteMicki
Hello dear, meet you over my dear blog friends Krpe i zakrpe, whih I will meet when she will come to Pula, a town near Peroj where I'm living with DH and kitty Lea. Have a nice weekend. Loredana.
ReplyDelete