I made time yesterday to get it sewn up. I had to do some ripping right away. I've never sewn the corner to corner technique used to make the angles. I was off the first 2 times I tried, but the next 2 were better. I needed to watch carefully and make the angles correctly and then sew them in the right places. For an easy block I kind of had a struggle, I must be out of practice. I also did the applique sewing for the Gifts of Grace "love" block and the Snowbound block. I'm trying to get all my April blocks prepped and started. I can't believe it's May! I no longer have a long evening, like I did in the winter. Supper is more like 8 or 9 o'clock.
I have started on my embroidery swap quilt. I'm kind of nervous. I'm just going to make something I like and hope she does too. I want to get it done and in the mail next week. We'll see how that plan goes.
DD1 had her big "final test" today. She came home yesterday, because her laptop quit on her. We didn't get to see much of her. She was sequestered in the bedroom with our computer and her books studying. She called this afternoon and said she "passed". She has one more test and then no school until fall. We are looking forward to having her home for a few days before she begins working full-time this summer.
We moved some of our cattle to a different pasture today and vaccinated next year's heifers. My BIL, Ron and his son, John came to help. It was good to see them and their help is always appreciated so much.
Catch you later............Hugs, Janet

Congratulations to Barbanne.
ReplyDeleteLove your jelly roll block.Oh you have been busy working on all your projects.
How nice your DD1 passed her exam. Enjoy your time together before she is off to work.
Congratulations on your daughter passing her test and enjoy the few days you will have with her.
ReplyDeleteHave a great summer with your daughter being home--College finals are extremely stressful-Now she will be able to relax.
ReplyDeleteYou've been busy, busy, busy. That jelly roll block is unique -- I like it!
ReplyDeleteCongrat's to the daughter for passing her test. That always helps Mom sleep a bit better at night, doesn't it? At least that's the way it worked around here.
Love, love, love that block! Congrats to your DD for her academic success, hooray!
ReplyDeleteWell you sure are busy on all fronts! I love the longer lighter evenings but the work does seem to stretch to fit them, so how it must be with the cattle and all must be a LOT more. How you manage to sew as well BEATS ME!
ReplyDeleteHello Janet, Congratulations to Barbieann,have a great weekend with your family.
ReplyDeleteBev.xoxo
Congratulations, Barbieann! Enjoy your new book! Janet ... what year is your DD1 in at school? My one and only DD (our baby) is actually going to be a "real" senior next year, but she has been backpedaling for a few semesters as she decided to double major. She still has at least a year of grad school afterwards and two (unpaid) interships ... she will be home in a couple of weeks for the summer at least ... I love having her home ... :-) Pat
ReplyDeleteI know I should comment on your beautiful quilt.
ReplyDeleteWish I could have been there with my camera when you moved the herd x x x
Congrats to the winner and I love your block!
ReplyDeleteMicki