Michelle came home after work yesterday afternoon and brought ice cream cake. Isn't it pretty? DH cooked steak and potatoes for supper. What a lovely celebration. I also got some wonderful warm vanilla body lotion and lovely cards from both daughters. Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. I hope you all had a lovely day. I know that this isn't a happy day for everyone and I remember those in my prayers.
I finished up my Snowbound block. The new one is out, so I better get organized to prep the next one. I hate getting behind.
It is raining again. There is 100% chance today for rain and it has been-raining that is- all day so far. Rain is predicted for the next 3 days. It wouldn't be so bad if the temperature would be a tad warmer, but at least it isn't snow. Wet and cold makes for sick babies. We have done extra bedding and the smarter ones find shelter in the barns.
You can see some peeping out the door. We try to keep everyone as dry and comfortable as possible.
These don't seem to be suffering too much yet.
The wind is blowing and our furnace has kicked on and off today. Jen in FL called for a recipe and of course, it is a gorgeous day there. She has Monday's off and is doing errands. I told her to enjoy the day for me too.
Michelle headed back today. She works 4-10 pm. It is Nurses Appreciation Week. They are having activies every day at the Living Center. Today is "hat day". I dug in the closet and found a skunk hat, one of my SIL gave to DH for a joke at Christmas a few years ago. Michelle should have the most original hat--if she'll wear it. The hat makes a noise and moves its tail when you push a button.
We will soon be heading back outside to see how everyone is coping. Hugs.................




Here I am,late as usual, but still bringing with me warm Mother's Day wishes!! I loved your previous post. Thanks for sharing your memories with us. A wonderful tribute to your sweet mum and beautiful girls.
ReplyDeleteI've read about weather and sick babies and saw that you got snow!
I hope that weather gets better soon. I can only imagine how difficult can be for you and for your cattle.
I wish you a better week!
Eli
I love what you're doing with the snowman blocks. I am saving them but haven't made any yet. I do have some pretty blue with irregular white polka dots that I can use for a background. Anne is a good designer - I enjoyed doing the basket blocks. We're having pretty sunny weather in Michigan today, but it's still chilly. Frost the last three nights. Carol
ReplyDeleteThe snowman blocks are great! Thank you for the prayers on Mother's Day!
ReplyDeleteLove your snowman block.Great background.
ReplyDeleteNice cake Yum. Pleased you had a lovely day with your family.
Would have loved a photo of Michelle with the hat on. LOL
Even though it is raining it looks like your cattle are nice and cosy.
Cute photo of Rocco and Peanut
Your icecream cake looks yummy and I love your snowman block.
ReplyDeleteHi Janet. It's about time I got to my blogging friends. I'm sorry for the abscence. Too much company. I'd much rather have "your" kind of company - the four legged type.
ReplyDeleteAs always, I "just smile" when I come to your blog. You are such a sweetheart for sharing your piece of this earth with us all.
Sounds like your day was wonderful. Blessings.