Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Doin' the Happy Dance!





I think the dancing started in my heart yesterday.  So much energy and bubbles inside!  What's happening you ask?  I am picking up my baby girl at the airport today!!!  Jen is coming home for the wedding this week-end.

There will be a lot of laughing, giggling, talking, cooking and Phase 10 playing in the next 4 days.  DD2 hasn't been home since Christmas, so we have alot of hugging to catch up on too.  DD1 has work off Saturday and Sunday and is coming home too.  DH's nephew is getting married, so we will get to see alot of family over the week-end--more laughing and hugging.  We are looking forward to a happy time all together.

I promised llama shearing pictures.  The shearing went better than we thought.  The critters didn't like it, but they are much more docile than cattle to work with. 
We put them in the cattle chute.  BIL used his sheep shearing clippers.



Poor brown one didn't appreciate the hair cut.  She was vocalizing and spitting the whole time, but she stood pretty good.  The guys worked fast together to get her done.



She's working up another good wad of spit here. 


Looking much cooler for summer!



Not looking too pleased while waiting her turn.  She vocalized and showed her teeth while she waited, but stood very well for the actual haircut.



What a sweet boy.  He just layed down in the chute.  No yelling, no spitting, just laying low.

Do you have any good llama names?  We were waiting for the girls to come home and help name them.  DH and I haven't come up with any good ones ourselves.  BIL has a llama that lives with his sheep.  His name is Homer.  I have been giving them a few raw carrots.  They don't eat them out of my hand, but they seem to like them.  We will be taking them to pasture for green grass next week.  It's been fun having them close in the yard, but I know they will be happier after the move.

We are getting down to the last calvers.  Yeah!  We will be working calves and taking everyone to summer pasture sometime in the next 2 weeks.  The weather  has been rainy this week so far.  We have received 3 inches of rain.  As I said before "the wettest spring ever".  Our corn isn't planted yet.   Our neighbors have been cleaning up the tornado mess.  There have been alot of people helping.  Sunday there must have been about 80 high school age kids come to help.   It's been so awesome to see everyone work together.  I'm so thankful their house didn't get damaged and the boys weren't hurt.

I've only gotten 2 words playing Spring Fever Bingo--am I surprised? No!  lol  It's been fun to check for the words, tho.  Have you been to Jenny's to sign up for The Christmas Story giveaway?  Thanks Vivian for entering! :)  I think my "girls coming home" joy has splashed over into all my daily living.  Isn't it crazy how happy that can make you---"they are coming home".  I better get cracking around here.  There probably won't be much blogging in the next few days.  Have a great Memorial Day week-end with your loved ones and activities!! Hugs................

12 comments:

  1. Wow, Janet, a lot going on there. I'm so happy for you that you get to spend some time with your daughters. Jen is a beautiful girl! I hope you all have a wonderful visit.

    How funny with the Llamas! I know that the spit quit a bit, so hopefully no one got it "in the eye"! As for names...how about Olivia and Mary Ellen for the girls, and John Boy for the boy? Didn't "The Waltons" live on a farm, too? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time with your girls and family Janet. You will be able to post about it after the weekend.

    I had a laugh about the llamas being shorn. Yeh they do like to spit. LOL. what a good boy you have.
    I think Cyndi's idea for names is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have a fun weekend ahead. Our kids will be home too, so no thoughts of quilting at all till everyone has left. Family first! Enjoy the wedding.
    I like Cyndi's idea too, or how about this? What llama would not enjoy a name with a double L at the beginning or in the middle? Lloyd. Llillian. Llynette. Lleonard. The llist is endlless (and I'm getting punchy).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet - simply "thank you" for always sharing parts of your life with photos. You have no idea how much I enjoy them all.

    Enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, enjoy every minute of your time with your girls and the rest of the family! What a breath of fresh air when you are all together. Will look for pictures later on of all the fun. Enjoyed the pictures of your llamas and look forward to learning their new names! Enjoy! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun to have family home and a Wedding for everyone to enjoy! I have all three girls home at present- first time since Christmas I think. They are enjoying lazing round and catching up with each other, the two elder are very weary after the year of College as both work as well.
    Its great that so many folks turned out to help your neighbours, and impressive that so many young'uns turned out. I think its so important for them to experience the reward of a sense of community but its a difficult concept to teach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet I am so excited for you and hope you have a wonderful weekend with all your family.

    Love those Lamas! Aren't they funny the way they spit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do enjoy the photos and stories on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your Time with DD & have a Lovely Weekend.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pics of the llamas, and I only got three words on the Spring Bingo, so we are about tied.LOL
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful for you having your daughters home together for the weekend. Love the pictures of the llamas. I like the name Beau for the boy don't have any suggestion for the girls. Enjoy the wedding and Memorial Day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time with your daughter!
    I think a Llama should be called "Lily"!

    ReplyDelete