Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thank you, Kathy!


I received "happy" mail today.  I won a  paper piecing kit from Kathy's Quilts.   Kathy had her 500th post anniversary around Mother's Day.  She had a giveaway to celebrate.  She gave away a variety of lovely prizes and I won one.  Please click on the photo to see the pretty card she included.  The fabrics are wonderful fall colors to paper piece some fall leaves.  We were married in October and used fall colors to decorate with.  I've always liked the colors of fall, especially gold and rust.  I have lots of fall fabrics too. 

Have you ever paper pieced?  I took a class 2 years ago.  I really learned alot and finished the paper piecing of the project, but I need to get it back out, because I am still taking paper off the back.  It is a very pretty table covering in batiks.  I haven't done any paper piecing since.  This little kit will be a fun project.  Thanks, Kathy and congratulations on 500 posts!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Janet. it is always nice to get a little surprise in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said you were still taking paper off from paper piecing. Did you set your machine at #1 stitch length? If you do, your paper will automatically come off very easily. Give it a try, if you haven't. It's a lot of fun to paper piece if you don't have to work hard tearing off paper. I hope that will help if you haven't already tried it. Your blog is most wonderful, my dear friend. Thank you for sharing. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to get nice mail Janet.
    Have fun paper piecing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done quite a bit of paper piecing - just love the sharp points you get and blocks like the New York Beauty. Pat is right is her comment to use a very small stitch then the paper comes out easily. And I want comment on the beautiful Christmas wall hanging you will be making. Lovely! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how lovely to get happy mail. Good on you Janet.

    ReplyDelete