Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thank yous!

I was on a lucky streak there for a while.  I had happy mail again today.  Two presents--just so pretty.  I was pretty excited too.  I don't get gift wrapped things very often.  :)

The pretty package with the yellow ribbon is from Razzy.  She had a give away for her birthday.

I received two lovely stitching patterns.  I think this little cushion will make a nice "little something something"gift for a friend's birthday.  It's so cute.  The Rosalie Quinlan design was a nice little bonus pattern.

Razzy made one of those zipper bags I've been wanting to try.   I love butterflies and this fq is lovely.  This flower pin is soooo coool.  I'll wear it on my jacket this fall. 





I love this little crocheted flower. I'm going to have to make something to stitch it to.  Isn't it the cutest thing?                            
Thanks so much, Razzy. I love "your" birthday presents! You are such a sweet and generous lady.  This is the second time Razzy has sent me something, so her next giveaway I promise I won't enter.  lol

 
My other win in the pink package with turquoise ribbon is from Stephanie, Little Lady Patchwork.  Stephanie had a wonderful post Market giveaway.   I won 5 Fat quarters from Anne Sutton's new fabric line: Lily & Will in the sage green color way.

Plus this really wonderful FQ:

I love Anne Sutton's quilt designs.  I am doing her Snowbound BOM.  I'm going to have to ponder what to do with these lovelies--maybe some of those zipper bags I've been wanting to try. Or I need a table runner for my library table.    Thanks so much, Stephanie.  I was a new follower, but I'm a regular now.

Yesterday afternoon DD #1 showed up unexpectedly.  She had the day off and came home to visit us.  It was a nice surprise and we went over to the neighbors to say "hi" to her Dad too.  There were severe thunderstorms last night.  Lots of lightning and thunder!  The wind blew like crazy.  We got .62 of rain.
Once again there was damage in other places due to the wind. 

This morning was spent cleaning and doing laundry--does that ever get all done?   I spent most of this afternoon catching up on bills, farm bookkeeping and filing.  :(   Rocco and I took a quick trip to the little Post Office 15 miles away, so we could send some money to the bank.  We picked up the mail on the way back and that's when the day got better! 

Hope your day was productive! 

9 comments:

  1. What nice gifts, Janet! It's always so much fun to get something special in the mail! Enjoy!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very lucy. I bet you are glad that you started blogging and meeting people on line. I am so happy that you like your gifts that I sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciao Janet!!!
    Buon lavoro!!!!

    Baci dall'Italia
    Cristina&Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always nice to get something in the mail besides bills. :^) This year has been a very windy year, we've had very damaging wind here as well,not very common in New England.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is what I call great mail. Congratulations on your wins. Love seeing pictures of your farm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so nice to get squishies in the mail. What lovely gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely gifts you got! I read also your previous posts. Kittens were adorable, your reunion pic was great and the tribute to your dad moved me.
    Thanks for sharing everything.
    Hugs
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is always fun to find surprises and treasures in the mailbox! You received great gifts! It was a great reward for working on farm bookwork. I always get the bills paid on time--just don't keep up with the record keeping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't visited here as often as I would like to.
    x x x

    ReplyDelete