Thursday, June 3, 2010

Week-end continued

Just a little more about the week-end and then back to quilting and cattle.  :)    I have to share this photo of my youngest SIL's feet.  The mother of the groom needs comfy shoes. 

She and her family really had alot of fun with this wedding.



The 2 brothers of the groom are 12 and 14. 



This is DH's whole family.  He is the last one on the right, the oldest boy and #4 in the family of 9.

Thank goodness for kittens.  How do you entertain a 4 year old that doesn't like to color or play with dolls?


You let her bring some kittens in the house.  Here she is in her nightgown.



The kittens survived.  She is a busy little girl.  It's nice to have the house quiet again.  lol 

I am defrosting the freezer today.  The beef will need to be picked up soon.  We are getting things ready to work cattle this week-end, if it doesn't rain.  We will brand the new heifers.  Calves and cows get vaccinated for diseases and then poured with something that helps keep the flies off of them.  The flies and mosquitoes are terrible this year, because of all the extra rain.  Then everyone will be moved to summer pastures.  I'm looking forward to no morning chores.  I still don't have my garden planted.  My goal is to get my Jelly Roll Sampler block done today or tonight.   Later......................

5 comments:

  1. You have a heck of a busy weekend, another even busier one coming up, different but still busy, and you aim to get quilting done in between??? I tell you I'm puffing and panting just reading this post!! Like the sandals- a LOT!and how lovely for your DH to have a photo with all his sibs, that can't happen too often with so many? Such photos are treasured, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy lady you are! Enjoy your weekend!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice family picture and I really dig the pretty toes and the sandals with all that bling. Little girls and kittens, seems like that is just a natural mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your lovely family photos.
    Cute kittens, are they yours?

    hope you get a little time to do some sewing over your busy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! Everyone looks like they are enjoying themselves. I am sure those brothers had a great time--their smiles show they could be full of ideas! (Love the hat!) I always appreciate a freezer full of our own beef!

    ReplyDelete